It's a day before your exam... (1 Viewer)

gelo

HSC
It's a day before your exam..
how do you study for Ancient History in this final 24 hours?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
gelo said:
look at past papers and then focus your study on the areas which come up the most in the papers.

Wilsmore

HSC
Learn these terms, places, battles and people in relation to Sparta:

Places/Battles: Eurotas, Leuctra, Salamis, Marathon, Thermopylae, Taychetus, Parnon, Sphacteria, Athens, Messenia, Attica, Persia, Peloponnese, Laconia, Pylos, Isthmus, Persian War, Peloponnesian War, 1st Messenian War, 2nd Messenian War, Hyacinthine Way.

People: Nicias, Leonidas, Demaratus, Epaminondas, Oracle of Delphi, Cleon, Herodotus, Xenophon, Plutarch, Tyrateus, Cleomenes, Thucydides, Lycurgus, Cleombrotus, Ephiates, Xerxes, Darius.

Terms: Caddichus, Gymnapaediae, Ephor, Gerousia, Agiad, Eurypontid, Apella/Ecclesia, Syssitia/Phiditia, Eunomia, Tresantes, Parthenia, Kleroi, Perieoci, Helots, Spartiates, Synoecism, Obligarchy, Democracy, Infanticide, Bibasis, Pythians, Probouleatic, Neodamodes, Mothoces, Krypteia, Carnean, Gerontes, Eiren, Dorians, Messenians, Lacedaemonia, Chattel Slaves, Dual Kingship, Phalanx, Hoplon, Hopla, Cuirass.

gelo

HSC
i mean more broadly...
go over past papers?
read notes?

Libbster

HSC
I basically looked at past papers and took a gamble on what was going to appear in the exam. I had already done some practice essays and mind maps relating to the pharoah's achievements and then I just studied broadly for society and cleopatra and then focussed on things i thought might come up. Lucky for me they did and I ended up getting 97, so don't stress! But make sure you get a good rank ie first, because I came 2nd and beat the person who came first, (they got 93) and thus got pulled down to 95.

Celebrant

HSC
I read over my notes one last time and also the separate notes I make to answer the points in the syllabus. I also look at past papers again to make sure I can answer all the questions they have in there but this isn't as important to me as the notes-reading

X

xeuyrawp

Wilsmore said:
Learn these terms, places, battles and people in relation to Sparta:

Places/Battles: Eurotas, Leuctra, Salamis, Marathon, Thermopylae, Taychetus, Parnon, Sphacteria, Athens, Messenia, Attica, Persia, Peloponnese, Laconia, Pylos, Isthmus, Persian War, Peloponnesian War, 1st Messenian War, 2nd Messenian War, Hyacinthine Way.

People: Nicias, Leonidas, Demaratus, Epaminondas, Oracle of Delphi, Cleon, Herodotus, Xenophon, Plutarch, Tyrateus, Cleomenes, Thucydides, Lycurgus, Cleombrotus, Ephiates, Xerxes, Darius.

Terms: Caddichus, Gymnapaediae, Ephor, Gerousia, Agiad, Eurypontid, Apella/Ecclesia, Syssitia/Phiditia, Eunomia, Tresantes, Parthenia, Kleroi, Perieoci, Helots, Spartiates, Synoecism, Obligarchy, Democracy, Infanticide, Bibasis, Pythians, Probouleatic, Neodamodes, Mothoces, Krypteia, Carnean, Gerontes, Eiren, Dorians, Messenians, Lacedaemonia, Chattel Slaves, Dual Kingship, Phalanx, Hoplon, Hopla, Cuirass.
Hmmm, learning all those terms is risky in that you might get into the exam, remember a bunch of definitions, and not actually know anything substantial.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
gelo said:
Go through all your notes and organise your information and evidence (primary and secondary) into topic headings (use the syllabus guide thingo). Then, once it's all together, and it may take a while, look at just your topic headings and ask yourself what you know about those topics. If you find you know very little, go back through your info try to learn it, then put it away and repeat the process untill you're feeling confident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)