Its actually in the heart of the CBD (1 Viewer)

ALLLICE

HSC
coool.

So looking at the brochure it seems that the whole macq city college thing is aimed at international students. No suprises there.

Tabris

HSC
I have checked the requirements, it looks like it will be mostly for interntional students.

goakoa (chinese equivilant to UAI) score of under 500, that is 500/1000 (correct me if i am wrong), the distribution of such scores are uniform.

So expect alot of cashed up average-cant-speak-good-english chinese students looking for the"Macquarie University" stamp on their degrees, thats way better than the domestic uni's that they failed to get in..

IMO, i think it is a cash cow for a Macq in a very competitive knowledge market...smart move but what if it ends up like SIBT, barely pass first year and disastrous second year?

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Tabris said:
I have checked the requirements, it looks like it will be mostly for interntional students.

goakoa (chinese equivilant to UAI) score of under 500, that is 500/1000 (correct me if i am wrong), the distribution of such scores are uniform.

So expect alot of cashed up average-cant-speak-good-english chinese students looking for the"Macquarie University" stamp on their degrees, thats way better than the domestic uni's that they failed to get in..

IMO, i think it is a cash cow for a Macq in a very competitive knowledge market...smart move but what if it ends up like SIBT, barely pass first year and disastrous second year?
lol accg201 :p

No point worrying about all this...it will degrade our reputation gradually, not immediately ;) WE will still be able to land jobs, but I feel sorry for those 5-10 years time, when you see the general calibre of mac uni graduates.

On the other hand, the majority of Ct "graduates" and SIBT~la "graduates" eventually get deported/go back home on their own T_T. So its not all bad for us here in the domestic market, and for them, they score a nice internationally acquired degree. Win win for all!!!!

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:
I think that's been pretty much established already. :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
lol accg201 :p

No point worrying about all this...it will degrade our reputation gradually, not immediately ;) WE will still be able to land jobs, but I feel sorry for those 5-10 years time, when you see the general calibre of mac uni graduates.

On the other hand, the majority of Ct "graduates" and SIBT~la "graduates" eventually get deported/go back home on their own T_T. So its not all bad for us here in the domestic market, and for them, they score a nice internationally acquired degree. Win win for all!!!!
Hmm, what's ACCG201 got to do with it?

kushang

HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Hmm, what's ACCG201 got to do with it?
some1 in the previous post used a term "cash cow" .. accg201 terminology my friend :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
lol ^

At first I thought that the uni would have a city campus...:( its just a fob shop.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
kushang said:
some1 in the previous post used a term "cash cow" .. accg201 terminology my friend :)
Ahhh. Cash cow seems to come up in all sorts of units (other than ACCG201).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)