It's happened again. damn Females (1 Viewer)

Brad

June 22, 2004

State of the Union

OK. We know we can't avoid this anymore so we will give it our best shot. What's the deal? The deal is that it simply didn't work out. Sometimes things just don't work out. In all honesty, we have broken up and rejoined roughly four times over the years. Perhaps that should shed some light as to where we are now. We really don't know. We do know that we really gave it everything we had this time and we actually made a really great record after so many years of silence. That was definitely a great thing and we are all proud of it. We were able to do a lot of shows and travel and see the world again. We had some amazing times. Why didn't it work out? So many reasons. Some of them over 15 years old, some of them new and none of them worth mentioning. Maybe we are just a volatile combination. Maybe that is why we were so great. The bottom line is that we are all extremely creative and motivated people and I know we will all continue to create and work on many different projects.

After 20 years, just like in any relationship, you have your highs and lows and some amazing memories that can never be replaced. We were able to create great music together, and for that... We feel blessed. But sometimes relationships don't work, no matter how much time or energy you put into them... and at that point... you realize it is healthier to go your separate ways than to keep trying to recreate the magic of the early years. Sometimes people grow apart in the relationship, it is nobody's fault really... just a fact of life... an inevitable creative dissolution. Sometimes the best creative relationships are the most combustible and they aren't meant to last forever.

We know this doesn't answer all of your questions, but hopefully it answers some of them. We would personally like to say, "thank you" for all of the love and support you have shown us over the years, we greatly appreciate it and we love you.

Stephen, Dave & Chris"

Etty (perry's wife) on xiola.org (janes addiction fansite)

"There seems to be alot of finger pointing concerning the break up of Jane's , and a few have been point at me. So this is what I have to say:

I am taking responsibilities for the following: (But keep in mind that Perry IS his own person, and makes his own decision concerning his career. Although as his wife, we do discuss and plan together)

-Jane's NOT playing the GM big ten event.
-Perry and I NOT actively participating in the taping of Till Death Do Us Part

Here are just a few examples of what the OTHER wives were doing:

One of them has become quite close to the mother of Yobel, and has been helping her keep Yobel away from us, who is now suing us for more child support money. She has come to our door and call us up on the phone to antagonize us. The first time around in '99, her husband autually helped support her in the lawsuit.

The same wife on the set of the "Just Because" video shoot sat outside in the hallway of the band's dressing area, sobbing loudly. When management and the other members of the band asked her what was wrong, she cried that she felt so bad for her husband, because she just watched the Strays CD DVD, and he was only in TWO shots, and the rest of the members, like Perry and Dave are "featured" in so many.

Oh, this one also threw a fit with the tour manager, because she felt that the wives were not being treated fairly at the shows. She was very angry that at the New Year's eve show at the wiltern, a chair was brought to the side of the stage for Carmen to sit on, but SHE didn't get a chair.

As for the other wife:

At Jane's FIRST public appearence as a reformed group at the MTV 20th birthday show in New York in '01 (?), she jumped out the limo and insisted that her then finance walk the red carpet with her, and NOT with the band.

For the "True Nature" video, this wife called the director up herself, behind everyone's back and insisted that he writes her into treatment. She then had her husband insisted that the editors spent HOURS doing beauty work (airbrushing) on her stomach and thighs. That too up alot of time and money, which left not a lot of room for the editors to do special effects and general improvement on the rest of the video.

Of course there is the rest of this wife insisting on her husband do and promoting a reality with her instead of working with Jane's, and everything else that we all talk about on this site, blah, blah, blah.

I have heard that from Jane's management that the rest of the band were upset at me for posting on this site. But what I have posted have been the TRUTH. And I do not say anything that is damaging to anyone else (until now). By the way, ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS AND THEIR WIVES, THEIR FRIENDS, AND MANAGEMENT ALL READ AND POST HERE, BUT THEY JUST POST UNDER ASSUMED NAMEs TO ADVOID TAKING RESPONSIBLITIES FOR WHAT THEY ARE SAYING!!!

For the break up of Jane's, WE (band, wives, and management) are all responsible. SO STOP SINGLING ME OUT!!!

THANK YOU."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)