• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

its official...best school = james ruse, worst = Joeys and NSGH as voted by you! (3 Viewers)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
doesnt matter wat skewl u go to, jus matters what you as the individual get for ur UAI, who the fck cares, if u got "famous people" in ur skewl, cause i sure dunt and yes stop dissin other ppl skewls, my skewl aint the best, but i sure in hell wouldn't like it if somone said it was shiet, because i OWN heaps to it and ive learnt some much from it, evn tho ive onli been there for 3 terms.

tianluli

Hey thewhitecomet and Bookie, whatever school u go to must be the worst school in whole of Sydney to culture such arrogant attitude. Although academically your school MAY be better than some schools, but thats NOT thanks to you. By the time u sit the HSC, you might drag the whole school down with your shotty marks for all we know. I'll be ashamed to be in your school as you are degrading your own school to the max with that attitude. Good for you that you are patriotic, but do not diss other schools.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
err... wtf 3k a yr BULLSHIT....last time i went i paid EVERYTHING and it was like 700 bux a year and that was like 2 yrs ago...

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh it is around $700. Dont know where $3k came from. Maybe if you were a rower yeh.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
tiantuli said:
Hey thewhitecomet and Bookie, whatever school u go to must be the worst school in whole of Sydney to culture such arrogant attitude. Although academically your school MAY be better than some schools, but thats NOT thanks to you. By the time u sit the HSC, you might drag the whole school down with your shotty marks for all we know. I'll be ashamed to be in your school as you are degrading your own school to the max with that attitude. Good for you that you are patriotic, but do not diss other schools.
I'm not the arrogant one dude. I was arguing with someone else aboutfamous people. Having famous people has little to do with how good your school is, they made it big themselves. And if youread back, there are guys exaggerating and thinking we can get 50 99+'s. If youread furhter, you would have seenme criticising this statement. Dude, I'm not dissing other schools. I reckon we'll be lucky to get 30 99+'s, but some others think not.

And as for school fees, like Sikvero said. I think it was $768 this year. Ceratinly NOT $3000. Thats just pulling figures out of your arse.

Enoch

HSC
Bullshit 30 99+..ur underestimating the HSC nd ur not even in yr 12

Enoch

HSC
sikeveo said:
Enoch u mean 30 is too much or too little?
too much

i left at end of yr 10 and sikevo came in yr11

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Fair enough. 30 would be too much [considering theres only been one 30+ in the last 5 years], and as I said, we'd be lucky to get 30 [althugh some teachers reckon the 06 cohort should get 40+].

H.S.What?

HSC
chandra said:
hmmm...how do u mean? its from BoS and voted by the people of this forum...are u saying people here are not accurate? well are you? hmmm...better think next time before you construct your argument.
this poll wasnt valid at all. for all we know all the James Ruse students got together and voted heaps on the poll. This is also a sample survey so who knows, maybe the ppl who attend James Ruse are more likely to go on BoS website because of their nerdiness and love for computers (yes i am aware you are likely to reply with something like ''you're a nerd for going on the site then as well' ), making them far from the best school.

maybe u better think before you construct such a stupid poll.

Mercedes-Benz

HSC
The profligate lifestyle that The King's School provides inevitably trumps the perceived benefits of other schools.

Enoch

HSC
thanks ROBERT CANDELORI..why have u stopped using ur other account RCANDELORI ???/ stop acting like a snob...u noe ur not a snob...err...facade..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Technically Baulkham Hills High won the most popular title because they had the highest number of applicants in the state. NB. This article is a couple years old~

But in first-choice applications for year 7 next year it was chosen by 710 students and slipped to eighth position. Baulkham Hills, with 1038 applications, topped the list, followed by Gosford (932), Hurlstone Agricultural (858), Merewether in Newcastle (818) and Sydney Boys (811).

James Ruse, which takes 120 students for year 7 each year, has whipped the state in the HSC for at least eight years.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/30/1070127270319.html?from=storyrhs

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, those schools were popular because theyre the only selective schools in their area and they are easy to get to. But fair enough, if thats what makes them popular, so be it.

huangker

Crammer
HSC
Yea baulko in the last few years just seems to be accelerating in terms of popularity and HSC results and since its soooo close to ruse, it looks like theres gona b some though competition ahead.

I've been to ruse and sbhs and both schools have their pros and cons.

High has got the biggest challenges ahead. Competing in the GPS and doing well in the HSC is a tough ask. Instead of getting ‘all rounded’ kids, it tends to be a group of kids who do well in sports and another group who do well in terms of study. The administration wants to hang on to the school’s traditional and conservative values, which is extremely difficult considering most kids going to the school are from migrant families who who are either not aware or don’t share those values.

Ruse is obviously more academic, and will be as long as Quinlan is at the helm. He’s not the dickhead everyone makes him out to be. Keeping the school well oiled is tough. Although it does well academically, the nerd stereotype is definitely not true. People do all sorts of extra curricular activities and most are sociable.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh a few peeps I know from there are alright. My sis was there when Quinlan was principal (some 10+ years ago I think?- she's 7 yrs my snr, and I'm doing HSC too now)... so he's been there ages.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Huangker is right about SBHS, however there are few all rounders now. Im sure you can guess who they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)