• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

It's that time of semester... (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Ah, fair enough. Meh, once you're in uni, everybody's on a fairly even playing field.

my chest hurts :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Lol, dunno how much effort you put into the HSC, but it's totally incomparible for me. I think for the HSC, I did a bit of consistent study for Japanese, but everything else was just before the exams. All assessments were done at the last moment (like now, but I would do an "all-nighter" rather than an "all-weeker"). No effort at all in the HSC - just got by with reasonable brain and the ability to write fantastically on the spot.

Now it's like no matter how much work you do, there's always someone in the class better than you, even if you're getting the top marks. Argh, I'm getting angry thinking about it. :anger:
jake2.0 said:
No way was the HSC worse than uni. In the hsc all you had to do was past papers and remember the answers lol. Here in uni you've actually got to know wtf is going on, and even then you get some random questions which you have nfi about.

Plus you get months in the HSC while at uni you gotta cram a shitload into a few weeks before exams.
See this is what I'm thinking. I did study a lot for the HSC though. But everyone (adults) around me does the "The HSC is the worst! Nothing is as bad as the HSC" to help (and further worry) the HSC kiddies and I tend to think ... not so sure about that one... but I have to bite my tongue, because I really can't remember. I think the issue is that at school the future of your academic career is unknown, when you get to uni you know that you're there, you can see that it's the last stretch of schooling and you're over it - so that takes a lot of pressure off.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
See this is what I'm thinking. I did study a lot for the HSC though. But everyone (adults) around me does the "The HSC is the worst! Nothing is as bad as the HSC" to help (and further worry) the HSC kiddies and I tend to think ... not so sure about that one... but I have to bite my tongue, because I really can't remember. I think the issue is that at school the future of your academic career is unknown, when you get to uni you know that you're there, you can see that it's the last stretch of schooling and you're over it - so that takes a lot of pressure off.
hence why i don't study as hard

the material for the HSC was piss easy compared to what we learn at uni.

One subject at uni i think is equivalent to one subject in the HSC done over year 11 and 12

HSC
N/A
I actually think the material is easier in uni, at least from my side of uni (humanities/social sciences). Although we go much deeper and your analytical skills are expected to be better, there's not an insanely innappropriate level of breadth like there is in the HSC.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I hated the HSC, regurgitation and re-iterating the status quo was epic fail.

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
I actually think the material is easier in uni, at least from my side of uni (humanities/social sciences). Although we go much deeper and your analytical skills are expected to be better, there's not an insanely innappropriate level of breadth like there is in the HSC.
Wow, what? =/

Totally the opposite for me.

HSC
N/A
This is the difference between our degrees. You're learning something. I'm just having fun :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)