ITT: We post about hairdressers to avoid. (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha nice. I just don't get how you can all stand out there in the heat though :S No thanks.
(Maybe it's the beer that helps haha)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
yer im only playing cns (below grade) atm cause i didnt want to play grade in my first year of senior, also while i was finishsing year 12, but its turned out to be heaps fun, all the guys drink beer on the field whilst umpiring, bowling, fielding and sometimes batting.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
hahahaha that's sick.

at one of the fields here there is a small box in the ground behind the pitch with a lid on it. One of the teams filled it with ice and used it as an esky.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
My mate in Tamworth plays cricket for fun and they get $2 beers and drink on the field. That's how you play :p
Hahaha he probably plays for Norths.

My dad plays village cricket up the north coast, and it involves all said things below, but I didn't realise Newcastle did the same.

What are the teams involved? Do these guys train?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I play for newcastle city, which has teams in all the grades plus two cns teams which is the less serious cricket which has 20+ divisions.

My team doesnt drink on the field cause we are either too young (youngest play is 13) or we have grade crickets filling in half the time so they are epically serious, but we verused iron horse inn two weeks ago and one guy came out with a beer when he came out to bat. windale wait till the umpire or a drinks break comes up before they have a cold one

You will on find the drinking on the field in cns, and not the top grade. You can form your own teams for cns though, half of them are bowling clubs, feeder clubs for the grade teams ie like mine or teams formed by pubs and inns.

I hope to play grade next year, i didnt this season cause of the hscm and it was my first season of seniors, i was picked for 4ths in the first round, but rejected them and have been to training once since haha, cns guys dont really train much for my clubs, they expect you to train will all the seniors but no one does, but from seeing the 3rd/4th grade guys fill in for my cns team when they either have forfiets or didnt get selected the standant in bottom two grades in newcastle isnt too high, and is similar to cns, which is mostly either middle age guys who just drink or 50+ year old ex 1st graders.

I dont know if the teams formed by inns train, but yer some of my team does.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
I play for newcastle city, which has teams in all the grades plus two cns teams which is the less serious cricket which has 20+ divisions.

My team doesnt drink on the field cause we are either too young (youngest play is 13) or we have grade crickets filling in half the time so they are epically serious, but we verused iron horse inn two weeks ago and one guy came out with a beer when he came out to bat.

You will on find the drinking on the field in cns, and not the top grade. You can form your own teams for cns though, half of them are bowling clubs, feeder clubs for the grade teams ie like mine or teams formed by pubs and inns.

I hope to play grade next year, i didnt this season cause of the hscm and it was my first season of seniors, i was picked for 4ths in the first round, but rejected them and have been to training once since haha, cns guys dont really train much for my clubs, they expect you to train will all the seniors but no one does
Can you give me a list of the teams in the Grade comp here? Also, whether you think they are decent clubs or consistently bottom of the table kind of teams.

I'm the kind of guy that enjoys cricket enough to not be too serious, but also likes close competition. Coming back from not playing for a while, I'm obviously not at the standard I was, but I get the feeling somehow that cns is a bit too lax?

Pretty much, I think id be best off just talking to a few guys at training to see how intense/lax they are, but I just need to find the clubs involved in the grade comp first.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Hahaha he probably plays for Norths.

My dad plays village cricket up the north coast, and it involves all said things below, but I didn't realise Newcastle did the same.

What are the teams involved? Do these guys train?
I have no idea, all I know is that he plays on Sundays for fun and Saturdays is for serious business.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Can you give me a list of the teams in the Grade comp here? Also, whether you think they are decent clubs or consistently bottom of the table kind of teams.

I'm the kind of guy that enjoys cricket enough to not be too serious, but also likes close competition. Coming back from not playing for a while, I'm obviously not at the standard I was, but I get the feeling somehow that cns is a bit too lax?

Pretty much, I think id be best off just talking to a few guys at training to see how intense/lax they are, but I just need to find the clubs involved in the grade comp first.
It depends on the grade, different clubs do well in different grades. My club newcastle city does well in the lower two grades and the dennis broad cup ie we are defending champions for 4th grade and dennis broad by are last in 1st grade are top 4 in 2,d 3rd and 4th atm. Merewether and stockon played the 1st grade final last year, and supply the most players for the newcastle rep side. Ham wicks is another good side. Tronto are winning 1st grade atm

Welcome to MyCricket: Ladders

If you want something not too serious, but still fun and competitive play cns, its only 1 game a week (grade games are over two weeks) as cns games are 35 overs each, and are made up of mostly ex grade players who either play cns cause of their age, or want to play with mates, they bat and bowl really well, their only problem is they are slow; also cns have father son teams; and groups of 20-40 year old men who play for their pub and they still go alright.

Best thing for you would be to start of playing cns for a club which has both cns and grade teams, so if you find cns too easy or not serious enough you can always move up to grade. Im sure a few of the clubs do it. Some teams are sort for grade players, ie wests had to pull out of 4th grade as they didnt have enough players.

The grade teams are
Toronto Workers Kookaburras
Merewether
Stockton & Northern Districts
Belmont
Hamilton-Wickham
University
Charlestown
Wallsend
Cardiff-Boolaroo
Western Suburbs
Waratah-Mayfield
Newcastle City

thats the ladder order for first grade atm

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Depends on whos in your comp, but newcastle has mostly local teams, there are only two clubs which have a fair travel in cns, and there are only like one of these teams (dora creek and southen lakes)

My home ground is at broadmedow which is 5 minutes from the cbd, and the majority of my games (other than dora creek) are a max of 10 minutes car trip.
and i play D2, with the highest division been A1s and the lowest D7s. So yer its a pretty local game not too much travel, except for dora creek and maybe belmont tronoto if you are unluckly

Games start at 1 30 saturday arvos and finish 6 at the latest

EDIT: you could always play grade for uni, or form a cns side for the uni, i dont know if they have any or not, ill check

EDIT2: Uni does have cns teams, they might have train, its always up to the team, this seaons ive just gone to the nets with the guys that i played junior with last year, who are playing cns with me this year, ive been to 4 seniors training season, they are pretty helpful

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Depends on whos in your comp, but newcastle has mostly local teams, there are only two clubs which have a fair travel in cns, and there are only like one of these teams (dora creek and southen lakes)

My home ground is at broadmedow which is 5 minutes from the cbd, and the majority of my games (other than dora creek) are a max of 10 minutes car trip.
and i play D2, with the highest division been A1s and the lowest D7s. So yer its a pretty local game not too much travel, except for dora creek and maybe belmont tronoto if you are unluckly

Games start at 1 30 saturday arvos and finish 6 at the latest

EDIT: you could always play grade for uni, or form a cns side for the uni, i dont know if they have any or not, ill check

EDIT2: Uni does have cns teams, they might have train, its always up to the team, this seaons ive just gone to the nets with the guys that i played junior with last year, who are playing cns with me this year, ive been to 4 seniors training season, they are pretty helpful
Yeah, I thought about the uni teams, but then I only thought they were in the grade comp.

That's good to know. Does the uni even have cricket nets? I didn't think they did. I might see around OWeek in the Brennan Room. That's where i'm guessing they'd have guys keen on cns teams.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Im sure they do, as they would have them for their grade cricketers i would think

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
I cut my own hair about 1 month ago. haha bad move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)