iTunes - Copy songs (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey all, im using a mac and wondering if i can transfer all my iTunes songs from one user profile to another within this computer. Or do i have to reload all my cds into the new itunes in my other accounts???

thanks

goosiegoo

HSC
I never have, but you'd be able to do it... This is a guess, cos i don't have two users so i can't find out - but if you were in the user profile you wanted to put the songs into, trying going... Macintosh HD > Users > and then selecting which ever user your itunes songs are in... then Music > iTunes and they should be there.
That is, if you can get into the other user folder. *shrugs* Then i'd think you'd just be able to drag drag/duplicate those songs into a folder in the other account.

However, i'm not sure if that'll work, i'm just guessing. Someone might have a better idea. :p

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
You should just be able to move them to the other user folder (assuming you're admin here).

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
And if my knowledge of Nix/Mac systems is right - you won't even need root!

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Do what Politik suggested (Export/Import can be found in the 'File' menu in iTunes), however make sure you don't have FileVault on.

If you do have it on, a suggestion would be to move all the songs into an unFileVault'd account (for the primary purpose of hosting your songs) and import your library from there into the other accounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)