iTunes problem (1 Viewer)

bigvince

when i look through the folder that contains my iTunes music, some of the songs that have an artist name and album name in the 'get info' section (when u right click on a song) appear under the 'unknown artist' and 'unknown album' folders in my iTunes music folder. Can anybody explain how i can fix this??? i thought becuase i had the name and album in the 'get info' section it would automatically go to the folder that contains all the music for that artist and/or album...

oh btw, im not very good with computers so keep it simple!! thx in advance

sunny

meh.
HSC
In the MP3 itself theres information about the MP3, thats the song, artist name and other info you see in iTunes. That information is stored in a section of the MP3 called the ID3 tag.

When you copied the CD, iTunes didn't know what the artist or the song name was, since it couldn't identify the CD so it named all the files with an "unknown" filename. Then at some stage you edited the ID3 tag by right clicking -> get info in iTunes, but that only edits the ID3 tag and not the filename. You have to change the filenames manually.

bigvince

oh thx thats awesome...

how exactly do i change the file names manually. is this done in iTunes?? could just explain how to do this?
thx ur a legend

sunny

meh.
HSC
Open up the folder where you've got the files, right click on a file and click "Rename" and type the new filename. You might have to drag and drop the files into iTunes again after you've renamed the files since the names have changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)