I've been doing Actuarial but hate it? (1 Viewer)

Lou283

HSC
Why don't you talk to the uni about transferring to a normal B' Commerce or something.

Either way you have to decide what you do want to do first.

bimatty

HSC
Well as you can see my interests are in Advertising etc... But my father pushed me into doing Actuarial, even though I had/have no interest in it whatsoever.

BananaBob

HSC
N/A
Transfer mate.

I know someone who's doing an IT degree because her parents wanted her to. Her marks aren't great, the hecs debt grows, and after she finishes she's planning on doing a social services degree (or something like that) which is what she wanted to do in the first place

Don't steer yourself into a career you don't want mate

questionmark?

vds700

HSC
Well as you can see my interests are in Advertising etc... But my father pushed me into doing Actuarial, even though I had/have no interest in it whatsoever.
Transfer into commerce- marketing or media or something similar.

No point in doing it if u dont like it

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
transfer and dont tell your dad.
LOL you're curry aren't you? Not a bad idea :p

Bimatty, assuming you have just finished you're first year and you're about to start your second year, you can easily change.

I was in your situation but my GPA was too sh*t to transfer to UNSW, so I stuck it out at Mq, which seems to have improved since I was there anyway...and it paid off in the end because my boss was from Mq as well

Your options:
1. Transfer to UNSW to B Com/B Ec/ B Marketing, in the mid year transfers. Kill it there, and aim for Hons.
2. Internally transfer to the B Com marketing degree and do it as a double with accounting or finance...if you're at mq, do a double degree, very useful!

How do you go about this?
For Option 1: Apply through UAC mid year
Option 2: Macquarie University - Undergraduate Studies

I love Mq, but I love UNSW more...it's a matter of personal preference, as I think now, Mq has almost caught up with UNSW because they have introduced new units like ACCG252 etc. In terms of Marketing however, I have NFI

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
LOL you're curry aren't you? Not a bad idea :p

Bimatty, assuming you have just finished you're first year and you're about to start your second year, you can easily change.

I was in your situation but my GPA was too sh*t to transfer to UNSW, so I stuck it out at Mq, which seems to have improved since I was there anyway...and it paid off in the end because my boss was from Mq as well

Your options:
1. Transfer to UNSW to B Com/B Ec/ B Marketing, in the mid year transfers. Kill it there, and aim for Hons.
2. Internally transfer to the B Com marketing degree and do it as a double with accounting or finance...if you're at mq, do a double degree, very useful!

How do you go about this?
For Option 1: Apply through UAC mid year
Option 2: Macquarie University - Undergraduate Studies

I love Mq, but I love UNSW more...it's a matter of personal preference, as I think now, Mq has almost caught up with UNSW because they have introduced new units like ACCG252 etc. In terms of Marketing however, I have NFI
A bit off-track but: What benefits are there of ACCG252 over ACCG253?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Advertising you're probably looking at one of the more creative arts courses, rather than marketing, depending on which area you want to get into I guess.

alexvincent

HSC
I dropped actuarial/economics at MQ for economics at UNSW and never looked back.

I don't think UNSW accepts external transfers mid year though (only at the end of the year through UAC). At least that's what I was told by UNSW advisors.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
A bit off-track but: What benefits are there of ACCG252 over ACCG253?
Just by looking at the subject description it requires more quantitative ability and would assumably be more in depth than what 253 covers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)