I've got a really crap SAC teacher.. (1 Viewer)

iloveapple

HSC
So as my title says, my SAC teacher is totally hopeless. She doesn't teach, just gives us handouts and questions to do... and I'm really afraid of next year doing the PIP. I was just wondering, has anyone done well in SAC with a bad teacher? Is it a course which i will struggle with if i work on it by myself... how will i cope with the PIP?

Any responses would be great. Thanks~!

4mand4

HSC
i worked by myself and got 93 ;D
but i used all my teachers handouts and followed the syllabus.
i could have learnt from my teacher, but i prefferred to learn by myself
also got hd in my pip, my teacher was helpful with that.

basically write essays, get your teacher to look over them and memorise them
and memorise concept :)

ibleedmclaren

HSC
This is the first year for our Society and Culture teacher.
She is an idiot ><
We're going to fail, so badly.
It's still my favourite subject though :)

PrettyStarFury

HSC
Our sucks too.
Try start early on your Pip. Mine's due in 8 days and I've written half a chapter. But if you start early you can be sure to get amazing marks. Good luck!

JBear

HSC
I've been extremely lucky throughout my VCE studies to have very helpful teachers. They are always happy to provide extra handouts, helpful websites, extra questions, etc.

Having said this, I have great difficulty with Chemistry. If you are having trouble with a subject (due to a teacher or not understanding the concepts) there are a number of things you can try.

~ Ask around other local schools for extra tutoring and if you are able to 'sit in' any revision classes.

~ Go to the website: https://connect.yourtutor.com.au/default.aspx?GUID=d8e05a7b-e8d2-4f25-8789-33e636e5403d# this is a free tutoring service for grades 3 and up, and continues through VCE and TAFE. It operates Mon-Fri 4-8pm for free. There are options to go later and work on the weekend, however you do have to subscribe and pay for this extra feature.

~ Have a talk to your support teacher or year level coordinator and see if they realise that your teacher is not providing the necessary support s/he should be. See if you are able to change to another teacher in the same subject. If not, then see another teacher personally and explain the situation. Ask they would be happy to assist you.

~ If all else fails, ask other students in the same class to see if they feel the same as you do about this particular teacher. If they do, see if you can get a petition running to try to either gain more educational support and/or a different teacher.

All the very best with your studies!:)

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
My teacher is the best.

Last year she wrote us out a PLAN for EVERY assignment we got. No-one has ever failed. This year she didn't actually wrote us a plan, but told us what we needed to do in the assignments, like really explain the assignments.

I'm in Band 6 range because of her! :) But probably going to change after the PIP is accounted for/marked :\

Society and Culture I find is my easiest subject. I have no idea how I get such good marks, because I always do my assignments the night before... Guess I;m good at 'analysing' and 'synthesizing'. :rofl:

HSC
So as my title says, my SAC teacher is totally hopeless. She doesn't teach, just gives us handouts and questions to do... and I'm really afraid of next year doing the PIP. I was just wondering, has anyone done well in SAC with a bad teacher? Is it a course which i will struggle with if i work on it by myself... how will i cope with the PIP?

Any responses would be great. Thanks~!
It's possible, I got a 96 in society and a distinction for my pip and my teacher this year mostly yelled at us or gave us sheets from wikipedia or made us teach ourselves :O Having said that, I had an AMAZING teacher last year and if I hadn't built some good foundations last year I would've been much more screwed this year. Society is the type of subject you can memorise essays if you want but most importantly you need to try and really understand the concepts, because if you understand them you can write your essays on the spot:) Also of course learn some statistics or legislation or whatever snippets of information that you think could argue your essay better (of course that applies to any essay but nonetheless:p ).

SAC is essentially the channelling of what you know into an academic art so fortunately you don't need to learn much new information, but realise how to express what you already know from life experience and observation in a different way. Hope your teacher has gotten a bit better since you made this thread:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)