iz 3 unit eng worth it? (1 Viewer)

Deuz

HSC
want to noe if it iz worth doing 3 unit eng if ill drop it yr 12...wil it help??

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Depends on whether you're prepared to put the time and energy into a year-long major work. You only get out of it what you put in.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Kwayera said:
Depends on whether you're prepared to put the time and energy into a year-long major work. You only get out of it what you put in.
um....you don't have to do a work in ext 1, only ext 2.
But drop if you don't like english...scales alright though.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It has scaling about the same as ext 2 English and slightly below ext 1 maths. Id est: freaking awesome scaling.... assuming you do wellish. I dunno. I might keep it. It's not like amths where ti gets progressively harder. 2u English isn't exactly the best indicator of how well you'll do in 3 or 4 unit English.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Deuz said:
want to noe if it iz worth doing 3 unit eng if ill drop it yr 12...wil it help??
no point doing 3u in yr 11 if you're gonna drop it in yr 12...IF that is what you were asking...kinda hard to understand:p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Sarah. Ah, yes. Isee what he's asking.

Well, I did it in year 11 with the intent of dropping it in eyar 12. I reckon you should do it, since it's not a LOT of work (can't be - only 1 unit) and even if it doesn't teach you any ideas you can use in Advanced English (it might, though), it is both good practices and good for improving things like crtical thinking (in the context of the English curricula), essay writing, and clarity. I've found that, at least. It was also a good motivator for me to do better in Advanced English.

And there's a bonus - you might decide to keep it.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
actually there is point in doing it as an extra uint even if you plan to drop it in year 12. coz you will pick up writing skills etc

LilLucifer

ninja
HSC
I do it, and its definitely worth it- if you enjoy english that is. It really helps your writing skills (especially if your advanced teacher is shit- like mine). Its not very hard, and as the year goes on, it all gets much easier anyway. If you like english, I'd recommend it.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i do extension english and i am yr 12 i think it is a waste as i dont enjoy the elective our school has chosen, it depends on the person really

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
LilLucifer said:
I do it, and its definitely worth it- if you enjoy english that is. It really helps your writing skills (especially if your advanced teacher is shit- like mine). Its not very hard, and as the year goes on, it all gets much easier anyway. If you like english, I'd recommend it.

we get the same teacher for advanced and ext 1 and ext 2 if we do it ... trouble is i hate my teacher ...damn it!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)