J2EE Subjects??? (1 Viewer)

vigoss

HSC
Is there someone out there knows which subjects teach J2EE in particularly?? I really want to learn this stuff :D. Thanks.

NB: I am studying for MIT at the moment.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Is there someone out there knows which subjects teach J2EE in particularly?? I really want to learn this stuff :D. Thanks.

NB: I am studying for MIT at the moment.
I know for a fact that one subject in the BScIT course covers JME, but I don't think any (even in the heavily-programming based stream) cover J2EE. However, there is a short course called Java Programming Advanced that focuses on J2EE specifically, which I suppose is what you'd be looking for.

vigoss

HSC
I've just found this subject called "Advanced Internet Programming". How about it?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
I've just found this subject called "Advanced Internet Programming". How about it?
It's likely you'll have to take the entire Master of Science in Internetworking in order to take that subject (considering it has a prerequisite and is referenced as "availability: Internetworking program students only"), which may seem like a waste of time if you're only looking to do one subject. I looked over the handbook page, and it looks like J2EE is covered via EJB and JNDI etc, but not J2EE as a whole like Java Programming Advanced.

chw

HSC
N/A
Vigoss,
I am the subject coordinator for the Java EE subjects and also teach the short course.

The subject you are looking for is indeed Advanced Internet Programming. It covers enough for you to start getting Sun certified. It is also considered a challenging course!
I have many non-internetworking students in this subject. You just have to ask (and make sure you do the prereq subject, Internet Programming)

The short course is IDENTICAL to the AIP subject. It just doesn't have assessment....

cheers
chris wong

cynix

HSC
Hi Chris! Glad to see you here. I'm in your Web Systems class.

Are there any subjects that teach something more "trendy" such as RoR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)