James An College -- interesting?! (1 Viewer)

winteresque

HSC
You know that James An was spilt into "James An" and "EKC"(like half half...parents were talking about it...). But how come the new James An still claims that they had over 1000 students(same number with that before the split) who got into selective schools last year?!

Interesting...

mioumiou

HSC
You know that James An was spilt into "James An" and "EKC"(like half half...parents were talking about it...). But how come the new James An still claims that they had over 1000 students(same number with that before the split) who got into selective schools last year?!

Interesting...
LOL, yeah, I've been to that place for about one year. (middle of Year 8 to the middle of year 9) and since then, I go to North Shore and even now. Those tutoring colleges, the materials are better than the teachers IMO. But for James An College, (esp the exams) they gave you a sheet of questions a week before and let you do them and memorise them and in the exam, the questions are exactly the SAME!! (but there will be one or two questions where they have changed the numbers but still....). I've got a few errors in those tests however, when I re-checked them with teachers and other people, i've got them RIGHT!! The machines just marked them randomly...... :cry: and that's the reasons why I quitted that place.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, yeah, I've been to that place for about one year. (middle of Year 8 to the middle of year 9) and since then, I go to North Shore and even now. Those tutoring colleges, the materials are better than the teachers IMO. But for James An College, (esp the exams) they gave you a sheet of questions a week before and let you do them and memorise them and in the exam, the questions are exactly the SAME!! (but there will be one or two questions where they have changed the numbers but still....). I've got a few errors in those tests however, when I re-checked them with teachers and other people, i've got them RIGHT!! The machines just marked them randomly...... :cry: and that's the reasons why I quitted that place.
James ann is the worst tutoring place imo.

oasfree

HSC
N/A

Interesting...
Don't you think they all lie? There are only 4125 places this year. Only about 3500 last year. If you add all the claims you would get to 10000 places which is the expected BS you would hear from coaching colleges. I met parents who shop around all the time. They have been moving across big colleges like ABC, James An, PreUni, ... and back to small group garage style tutoring. They now claim that it is best to buy the notes from one of the big place and teach the kids at home or to hire a tutor one on one using the notes from one of the big colleges. They also claim that it is all about keeping kids away from computer games and other time-wasting activities so that they do more work rather than doing nothing useful. It is not about learning according to many people I know.

New coaching services keep mushrooming. It is really about labour market. As tutors get old they quit. New ones come into the market and the quality of coaching colleges change over time.

The big ones today will shrink by the look of all the cheating stuff they are doing. They just squeeze as much money from parents as possible then sell the business to new operators.

mioumiou

HSC
Don't you think they all lie? There are only 4125 places this year. Only about 3500 last year. If you add all the claims you would get to 10000 places which is the expected BS you would hear from coaching colleges. I met parents who shop around all the time. They have been moving across big colleges like ABC, James An, PreUni, ... and back to small group garage style tutoring. They now claim that it is best to buy the notes from one of the big place and teach the kids at home or to hire a tutor one on one using the notes from one of the big colleges. They also claim that it is all about keeping kids away from computer games and other time-wasting activities so that they do more work rather than doing nothing useful. It is not about learning according to many people I know.

New coaching services keep mushrooming. It is really about labour market. As tutors get old they quit. New ones come into the market and the quality of coaching colleges change over time.

The big ones today will shrink by the look of all the cheating stuff they are doing. They just squeeze as much money from parents as possible then sell the business to new operators.
I like the way you say "mushrooming" LOL :rofl:

But are all these coaching places bad? What kind of places are those "big colleges" that your talking about?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I like the way you say "mushrooming" LOL :rofl:

But are all these coaching places bad? What kind of places are those "big colleges" that your talking about?
Matriz, pre uni, talent100, james an...

had horrible experience in pre uni year 6, but it really opened my eyes, happy to have gone in hindsight, it made me realise what people were capable of:sun:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)