james cook med application (1 Viewer)

Mystienu

HSC
Hey guys. I just wanted to know how many of yous are applying for james cook med who are from major cities of australia and not rural tropical areas..... because apparently, they rarely give out offers to people who don't have a rural background....

I don't know if i should bother to apply..... the application form is availiable on the net right now btw.

Keen

MD
HSC
Mystienu said:
Hey guys. I just wanted to know how many of yous are applying for james cook med who are from major cities of australia and not rural tropical areas..... because apparently, they rarely give out offers to people who don't have a rural background....

I don't know if i should bother to apply..... the application form is availiable on the net right now btw.
Well I'm from rural Qld and I got into JCU so maybe not the best to answer your question. I think you should apply EVERYWHERE you can because imagine your UMAT sucks and you can't apply to any other uni other than JCU, just increase your chances and do it, if you're willing to go there and do the course.
But I think you are right, major capital city offers I think make a small percentage of intake.

Keen

Mystienu

HSC
Thanks for the reply.

I am wiling to go anywhere to do medicine but i know very little about JC medicine school. I've looked up many sites but have failed to find much information.

Can you give me a basic overview of your impression of the medical school? i haven't been able to find med society sites pertinent to this school and want to have a better understanding in terms of the lifestyle, atmosphere, and social aspects of the school.

I'm not too worried about how the medicine course is structured because medicine is medicine.

Just out of curiorisity, how many people in your year are from major Australian cities? 2 to 3?

Mystienu

HSC
oh wait. sorry. i just realized that you got an offer to JC but is currently studying at Adelaide. Don't worry bout my questionairs in the previous thread then.

How are you liking Med at Adelaide? What's the highlight?

Zali

HSC
im applying at jcu
im from Coffs Harbour which is considered rural but i dont think its really tropical
if you go to the school of medicine they have some info on the course
and if u go to their home page n go to the prspective students link they hav sum info on student life etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)