James Ruse interview TOMORROW?? help pls :( (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
ya, the principal spends a lot of time interviewing each student, mine went for almost 30 mins. Any more interviews and it would be gg, but i think they're accepting 30 this year though

bunnykun

HSC
ya, the principal spends a lot of time interviewing each student, mine went for almost 30 mins. Any more interviews and it would be gg, but i think they're accepting 30 this year though
i thought in a post someone said it was around 20-25? and also its not necessarily 25, if the majority of people that tried out this year don't fit Ruse standards, then they might accept 10-15. It's just that their absolute maximum is 25-30 ish. ((or so i've heard from other people))

bobbiegogrobbie

HSC
What happens if you didn't get an interview? :/ cause I was at duke and didn't get a call is it just GG? :/

HSC
N/A
bunny, from what i know last year ruse took in 36, so 10-15 seems a little on the low end

edit: I read 36 from another thread somewhere. But it probably wasn't last year.

Last edited:

hunterbear

HSC
N/A
Did you have to bring anything with you to the interview? And was anyone also with you when you guys were interviewed?

bunnykun

HSC
bunny, from what i know last year ruse took in 36, so 10-15 seems a little on the low end
pretty sure it was 21? I know a few from my school who transferred and after some stalking I'm pretty sure its around 20-25 lol. 36 seems like way too much but I mean if you heard from other people then it could be true? And the more spots the better? xD But I'm still pretty certain it was like around 20-25 newbies

*edit: i agree that 10-15 is low, but one year they accepted only 18 newbies i think ..

Last edited:

bunnykun

HSC
What happens if you didn't get an interview? :/ cause I was at duke and didn't get a call is it just GG? :/
apparently top 15 (reports and extra curricular wise) got a call for interviews. Ruse normally accepts 20-25 (apparently even more), so all hope is not lost yet! :) Besides, the exam is what has the most weighting, and the principal said that exam results would be examined this friday, with outcome letters sent at the earliest next monday (less than 10 days!). If you did well in your exams and have good reports, you're still in the running and have just as good of a chance as the 15 that were interviewed imo.

bunnykun

HSC
Did you have to bring anything with you to the interview? And was anyone also with you when you guys were interviewed?
Did you get a call? If so, I think they would've mentioned it? But just in case they didn't, for me I had to have a parent (one only lol) accompany me for the interview, and I didn't have to bring anything with me (no original documents like i thought they'd need). The whole interview is pretty informal and relaxed so you shouldn't even feel nervous about it if you are :) Like what the previous BOSers said, just be yourself, and be confident! :)

hunterbear

HSC
N/A
Did you get a call? If so, I think they would've mentioned it? But just in case they didn't, for me I had to have a parent (one only lol) accompany me for the interview, and I didn't have to bring anything with me (no original documents like i thought they'd need). The whole interview is pretty informal and relaxed so you shouldn't even feel nervous about it if you are :) Like what the previous BOSers said, just be yourself, and be confident! :)
Thanks :D I did get the call but my parents can be quite unreliable sometimes so just had to confirm ahahaha

hayabusaboston

HSC
argh this shit gets me so aggravated I didnt go to ruse. I was accepted, but had no way of staying there since I was from rural area and I just couldnt find a place to stay so ended up going to hurlstone ag -____-

And then I lost all motivation completely, moved to rural and dun goofed with 94.55 lol.

AH WELL. Cant cry over spilt milk. I seriously wonder tho how I would have ended up having gone through the incredible hotly contested ranks of yr 12 asian 5 subs.

hayabusaboston

HSC
for my interview I knew there was no point holding shit back that could help me out so I straight up told them I was high tier mensa member lol, my first post was semi serious :p but of course I didnt have so many assets XD

bobbiegogrobbie

HSC
Ok guys its cool XD i got an interview for tomorrow :) bit late but i really wanted to talk to them :) ruse is love <3

bunnykun

HSC
Last year 24 students entered Y11 ruse (my grade)
generally speaking, do you feel like newbies fit in well with the grade? :) the transfers in my school all seem to get along pretty well with the grade, but then again only 3 of them came this year (only had 3 spots) But with Ruse yr 11, there are many spots (like you said), and apparently the newbies all bunch together? What are your thoughts on newbies and how well do they adjust to Ruse environment? ^^

TalkTakesTime

HSC
In my honest opinion, the majority of newbies in Year 11 settle in relatively well since they mix with the rest of the grade. Although this differs from grade to grade, there aren't really clearly defined and segregated friendship "groups" so I would say the environment is quite welcoming. You'd probably feel a little awkward at first talking to random people, which I guess is why newbies do bunch together at first, since you've all sort of gone through a similar experience and all. That's not a bad thing because the newbie class ends up being pretty close (you guys will be in the same maths class for the first 3 terms) which is nice because it helps you get through year 11 academically and emotionally. I would say the newbies adjust very well to the new environment because you'll always find people with common interests that you can talk about and share, don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with a random stranger or to ask for help! You'll also have newbie leaders who are great at offering you advice in tackling year 11 and 12 as they went through the same ups and downs.
There's a lot more to ruse as a newbie which I'll be glad to tell you about as you approach next year haha, shoot me any more questions if you have any.

TalkTakesTime

HSC
Thanks!! Do you find that academically you have to try A LOT harder?
For sure. Ruse will definitely push you to your limits if you're highly ambitious and in some cases it breaks people too. You'll feel the atmosphere is a lot more intense academically because the vast majority of people are highly motivated and gunning for top 10 places. I guess I made it sound very cut throat but ironically you'll still enjoy the ride. The friends you make and the experiences you have will be well worth it haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)