Japanese Beginners (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
i finished 40 minutes early!

i think it went really well, although i suppose i shall have to wait to see how well when i get my marks. i think it was all rather easy, although i really do wish that there was more space - a greater ji limit - in the written response section, because it's really not adequate to demonstrate your knowledge of japanese to your best ability.

there was a slight hiccup: the examiners began the speaking comprehension bit before we had had our ten minutes reading time of all three papers, so she stopped the CD at the beginning of the second question to allow us time for that, then we started over again... so we got to hear the first passage being spoken an extra time.

oh well! hooray!

P

pLuvia

You can always write more than the given space, just ask for more paper, or write it on the back

JhK89

HSC
lol u no paper 3... i totally screwed that i did part 2.. didnt read the question properly..

samtastic

HSC
Well you *could* write more than the space provided, but they only asked for 80-100ji.... doesn't that mean anything majorly over that wouldn't be marked?

rhia

salty
HSC
samtastic said:
Well you *could* write more than the space provided, but they only asked for 80-100ji.... doesn't that mean anything majorly over that wouldn't be marked?
well, that's what i figured. so i thought it best to stay on the limited safe side. i don't think i remember reading on the papers "if you want to write more that the amount we have told you to write..." so, oh well. i'm happy with the exam.

abcd9146

HSC
rhia said:
well, that's what i figured. so i thought it best to stay on the limited safe side. i don't think i remember reading on the papers "if you want to write more that the amount we have told you to write..." so, oh well. i'm happy with the exam.
just always aim for the max number, and do a bit more :p dun stop like at 99 and say ur done...
well if u write to like 120 i dun think you'll lose marks, but if u do write too much i reckon you'll lose marks (its a skill to write short compositions :p)

B35tY

HSC
True. For example, in continuers, i'll probably aim for 400 ji in the 200-300 question.

Then 450-500 in the 300-400 question

hje0915

HSC
me too. i finished 40mins early. was 10mins late. didnt have reading time
the lady from BOS was quite annoying actually,
she didnt know what she was doing.

i asked for more paper and there werent any spare sqaured papers (obviously)
so i got the hsc writing booklet and ruled sqaures in them.
wrote about 1 page more for each
cos i couldnt possibly write less and show that i can write what i want to.
i hope i dont get marked down for writing more though =P

k8tus

HSC
you cant write on the back of any exam paper becasue they generally dont mark the back of them as it is space for you to 'plan' or whatever.

you can be only marked on what you write so isnt it better to go for the over kill instead of not writing all that you can... did that make sense?

meh....i thought that the exam over all wasnt too bad, but the oral exam earlier on was a totally drag...the examiner was extremely rude and condesending...but it is over now so not much can be done...

i think that it is totally weird how south australia and the NT was it? can write in pencil yet nsw and other states must write in pen... does any one know why?

oh and i was also wondering what people thought about the whole beginnners not having dictionaries and continuers and background speakers do...

sassy_gal

HSC
"you can only be marked for what you write"....thats true, but they also specify, very specifically to write between 80-100ji for the responding sections, so it is best to write in between the boxes. i read in a revision book that some markers won't mark the rest once they reach that amount...but its beginners, so they probably wouldn't be too strict :)

i thought the exam was good, and lolz, the lady also started the cd before i had my readng time. so i got to hear it an extra time as well...and i think we should all be allowed to write in pencil, i wasted so much white-out trying to stay in the word limit.

manoo

:.:.:Charmed Member:.:.:
HSC
i'm in japanese continuers but i feel i should be doing japanese begginers only bcos of my oral. i'm totally fine with reading and writing and listing.
is there any way or anything you can recommend to help me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)