Japanese Continuers - how'd everyone go? (1 Viewer)

I found the writing questions to be easy, and also listening was okay....reading though....ARGHHHHH ...one of the students in my class didnt even finish all the reading, she left like 12 marks worth :|

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
Oh god... I finished it an hour ago and like, the Listening was okay (cept for a few really weird questions) and the writing wasn't too bad. The reading was actually suprisingly good.

But the one where you read and respond?

Wtf.

Last edited:

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
I found the listening really easy.. and I didn't have too much trouble with the reading or reading and responding.. prolly didnt leave enough time for the two writing tasks at the end though.. ah well. how much did u guys right 4 the two writing tasks?

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
haha japanese exam has turned my brain to mush... "how much did u guys RIGHT"??? lookin good for english 2moro...

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
Yeah, the listening wasn't too bad at all. I just think that the letter from that guy, the last writing task in Section II was feckin hard!!

And I wrote about 400-500 ji for the all of the writing sections (including the reply letter)

What choices did people do for the last section?

I chose the Postcard one and the one where you reflect on your time studying Japanese in Australia.

sor_ju

argh.

hehe.. i just finished in time and my last writing didnt make sense. MAJORLY lacking senior structures. -_-'''

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
LOL. I kept using kanji in some places and just writing it in hiragana in other places but I made sure I was using senior structures everywhere I could, even if it sounded forced and lame ^_^

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
Ichigo Kurosaki said:
I chose the Postcard one and the one where you reflect on your time studying Japanese in Australia.
yeah same... was the one about studyin jap in australia meant 2 be a report? cos i kinda kept talkin about myself... so that might be a bit bad... and my conclusion was really lame something like i think it would be good if everyone had to study a foreign language (yaa.... right..... good senior structures but!)
mmm i wrote about 400 ji for all so i dont feel so bad now

DevilAshe

HSC
Section II: Reading and Responding Question 11
Honestly, WTF? Secondly, I think overall the exam was pretty good. It definitely wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I found question 10 (Reading) with the emails was a bit confusing and I had nfi what to write but meh. I suppose compared to my trial exam it was good. Did anyone else do the Trial with the experimental Goldfish?? Anyways, I am just glad that it is OVER!

..:''ooo

HSC
for you who wrote 400 ji for all, do you realise you gonna lose a few marks
it SAYS 200-300 NOT 400 hahahahaha, which means one page is maximum

polak007

HSC
All listening items were relatively easy except for the last item about the personalities of the speakers. OMG Reading and Responding was so easy!!! Writing wasnt too bad either. I only wrote the recomended 200-300 ji for questions 12 (b) and 13 (b) though. Lots of senior structures and kanji hopefully made up for it.

screem41

HSC
DevilAshe said:
Section II: Reading and Responding Question 11
Did anyone else do the Trial with the experimental Goldfish?? Anyways, I am just glad that it is OVER!
Yes! Damn those goldfish! I screwed that up badly, I reckon this exam was much easier.

screem41

HSC
..:''ooo said:
for you who wrote 400 ji for all, do you realise you gonna lose a few marks
it SAYS 200-300 NOT 400 hahahahaha, which means one page is maximum
We had some sort of HSC marker do our trials and she took off marks for going over

martin_87

Jap!! Soo good!!

Yeah I had the goldfish exam.. 91% wooot!! No the japanese exam today was pretty good, I couldnt get over how incredibly easy the whole paper was, I mean compared to last year it was a walk in the park, but also guys the easy-ness lol of the exam could result in harder marking guide lines, and with the Ji thing, they recommend the length of 200-300, but looking at sample responses from past hsc references all the top band kids were quite a afew Ji over, and I mean seriously you could only write a fucking introduction in the 200 - 300 ji hahaha who could possibly write something that short!!!

This exam either was aced by a majority of the state OR we all done bad and were too cocky and didnt analyse everything enough hahahaha... I'm aiming for 90's cause I need it for my uai .. its one of the only scaling subjects I have!!! Arggggg but goodluck everyone with the rest and all jap x ppl kill it on tuesday ne !!!!!

krazie_kenji

Ichigo,
Your insane, your obviously japanese or something. Youve written way too much and like screem says you may loose marks. The marker have to go thru hundreds of papers and they dont wana have to read an extra long response.

Anyways I did alright, I was all pretty simple. I chose the formal date one and the studying japanese in australia one.

And YES! Japanese have f@#ked me for english tmrw!

willyd

HSC
Ha yeah i chose the favourite place in the world................. guess where?
THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE...........where else could it be? lol
yeah i even started to call it za shaiya now i just hope i get a marker from the shire and not one of these damn shire haters

Ichigo Kurosaki

HSC
krazie_kenji said:
Ichigo,
Your insane, your obviously japanese or something. Youve written way too much and like screem says you may loose marks. The marker have to go thru hundreds of papers and they dont wana have to read an extra long response.

Anyways I did alright, I was all pretty simple. I chose the formal date one and the studying japanese in australia one.

And YES! Japanese have f@#ked me for english tmrw!
No I am not crazy, and no I am not Japanese. I only started studying Japanese in Year 8.

In response to the ji thing, I was only judging by the pages, with one page being 300 ji. I did have a quite a few spaces and I had paragraphed all of the responses to help with the flow. I have always done this and I have never lost marks ever. My teacher also said that I shouldn't loose marks. With the spaces in between it though, I doubt I would of went over 400 ji.

If they mark you down, why the hell do they give us lots of paper? And why do they go "If you need more booklets, they are available to be used". As long as your not babbling on about random crap and actually addressing the question using as much kanji and senior structures as you can, I don't see why they would mark you down for going over.

But its the same for english, do they mark you down if you write two booklets for the one question?

Last edited:

aurora

shortie_89 said:
I found the listening really easy.. and I didn't have too much trouble with the reading or reading and responding.. prolly didnt leave enough time for the two writing tasks at the end though.. ah well. how much did u guys right 4 the two writing tasks?
isnt there a word limit on the writing tasks? i wrote around 300ji for both writing tasks, thats about a page of writing. i also wrote about a page n a half for da reading n responding, thats abt 400ji.

my jap teacher told me off once for writing too much in an exam n i've been really careful abt how much i write ever since. apparently if u write too much, da teachers won't mark it... rumour or fact???

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
...... hm i dont know if thats true or not. but surely they couldn't mark us down that much for only going over a bit... its so hard to fit any decent amount of info in 300 ji (as in one page, it would be less cos of the spacing), especially if ur trying to use longer sentences for the senior structures. ah well i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

benmaden50

i mispelt my name........
HSC
N/A
you dont get marked down. the markers say dont cuz people write too much for reading and responding part b, and dont have time for the writing section. also, if someone does write like 500-600ji and it is all relevant, it will get marked just as harshly(or leniently) as shirter responses. But if you have waffled on, you wont get full marks for not fulfilling the requirement stated in the rubric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)