Japanese Continuers (1 Viewer)

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
Couldn't understand a word... I was at a complete utter loss... what the hell where they saying?! Ching chang mitsubishi judo teriyaki wang subaru??!!

fark!

Last edited:

dongypro

HSC
Re: Japanese Continuers ... ridiculous..

that was a hard test but.. i owned it rofl

im ma de no shitta nihongo no nouryoku wo shinjitte ganbatta :)

all this tutoring @ stra paid off

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC

That was harder than I expected. Especially replying to that stupid annoying neighbour whom I was getting really pissed it. A complaint was the last thing I needed!!

Yeah, that 15 marker took like an hour for me.

kranqualizer

HSC

oh yuck yuck @ writing

but listening was better than i expected and better than previous years

tojaco

HSC

listening.... meh
reading section was sweet
reading response .... i had gate crashers who did all the bad stuf
writing....meh

overall score ....meh

Kahlalala

HSC

I didn't think it was all that bad, especially the listening, I was petrified about that before hand but I understood it!! That second reading passage was a bit strange though...black sugar sake, and hamburgers made with cake and chocolate!

Reading/responding was a bit odd...what did other people write? I said I had only invited a couple of people around to watch DVDs but my apartment got gatecrashed by 20 randoms!!!:)

yunyi_sophia

*dancing_droopy*
HSC

hahahahaha...

ok the listening was so fast...

and the comprehension was really random..

it felt like i was doing an English paper agen... hmmmmmm

writing was okay

P

pLuvia

Listening was a little bit tough, reading and writing was nice except for the complaint letter one, that was annoying. Overall the paper was harder than expected and harder than any other trial and past paper I've done

robmeister

Superrob
HSC

I hated the listening but i never practiced I found the sample conversation to get use to the voices easier to understand than all the others.

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A

Listening - pretty good, I always run out of time writing my answer and have to move onto the next one which breaks my train of thought, even though I go back. I missed a few details in the last one and screwed it up a bit

Reading - These were good. A bit weird but kinda differently and slightly interesting at least. It did make me think of english though :(

Retarded letter to neighbour - I think this was a bit weird but managable. I was a bit rude though and refused to pay as it wasn't necessarily one of my friends who broke the window etc, if they music was too loud they should've told me to turn it down

Writing - okay, I did 12b) but friekin' ran out of time when I came back to it and finished with 'terebi wo mite' so that'll lose me some marks. 13b) about schoolies was good though.

Overall, much harder and zanier than I expect. wtf w.r.t.cosplay :p

Andrew_MM

HSC

Listening
Yes- the 'cosplay' threw me for a second...i thought they were going to the cafe 'horse spray'. But i quickly corrected myself on the second listening...

The katakana pronouceation of the word 'volunteer' also confused me for a second...but realised what it was when i was doing the writing tasks, and looked up the word. Lucky hey-

Well, i thought they got easier as we went along. The pictures of toys/ pencil cases were confusing...i mean, the doll could have been a soft toy--hey? Ended up choosing the pencil case with the pics of the dolls on it, because it was for a girl. But i'm pretty sure i'm wrong on that one...only one mark though, hey.

The rest of them, i feel confident about

Reading responding
The guy complaining about the inn was good. Except i didn't see the 'mitai' after hospital. Other than that, flawless

The one about the oldest man in the world- I included a lot of irrelevant information about him making sake out of black sugar. Hopefully that'll get me extra marks.

Then the insane one: it took me a while to understand what it was about. I thought the pressure got to me, and i could no longer understand any japanese at all. 'The bread is cake' 'the potatos are made from bananas' Random. and confusing. But i got it..probably.

Then the stupid 5 mark question, which had nothing to do with the texts at all...'what was the intention of putting both these articles on the same page in a lifestyle magazine'...come on. Think of a better question.

Writing-
Well, i said it was my 18th birthday, and i apologised for my friends singing happy birthday to loudly. Then i said i actually went asleep, after drinkning too much, and don't know what happened. I offered to pay for her broken window, and asked if we could still be friends...I mean. what else was there to say??

Other writing tasks- i choose 'what will i be doing in 25 years' and 'write a speech to japanese embassy'. Both were pretty good. But i ran out of type editing it. I was half way though, when it was 'pens down'. And i'd sound some mistakes in kanji. Hopefully i corrected them all.

I drew a line, cause i thought of something else to say, but it looked like I crossed out a sentence...I wrote in brackets on the side 'this is not crossed out'. Hope they understand it. Heaps of editing everywhere.

Overall- a fairly good test, if not confusing at times.

Be interesting to see my mark...

T

Testpilot

LottoX said:
Did anyone get the pun in the name of the burger place? Ahh.. My Burger -> Amai Burger -> Sweet Burger...? Haha...
I thought that cos it was in katakana is was the Ah My burger...

Nasus

HSC

haha im an idiot, i thought of amai, but not ahh my

oh listening gaps i thought were way shorter than previous years, i learnt heaps of vocab i didn't need to, but im glad i did anyway.

the listening question about the survey got me really confused, i didn't really know what was going on. What did they actually say??

that last reading and responding about the hamburger made me feel sick because i ate too many lollies before the exam and it felt gross.

i thought that the r+r in jap and the writing tasks were quite different to all the ones in past papers and that i have found in textbooks and the like, i did the schoolies one and the email to my frends saying why i couldn't go.

my first writing task got pretty messy and id already asked for a second booklet so i felt dumb asking for a second one.

i spent heaps long on r+r in eng, but my essays got done pretty quick, luckily i had the chance to check my whole test because id made some dumb mistakes.

P

pLuvia

I thought the cafe called like Kospray? :confused: But got that costume dress up thingy

HSC

LottoX said:
Did anyone get the pun in the name of the burger place? Ahh.. My Burger -> Amai Burger -> Sweet Burger...? Haha...
I totally missed that pun! I guess I was laughing too hard at the "Ah! My Burger" name. It just amused me.

Listening: I died as usual. I have no idea what that question going on about clubs at university was on about. But I expected the absolute worst for listening, so it was better than I thought.

Reading: Kind of weird. Do-able, but not easy. I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff.

Writing: I was laughing at that complaint letter the neighbour sent. I actually liked that question because everything in the letter was easy to understand. I said I had to visit a sick friend so I gave the apartment keys to my cousin so she could look after the place. I then explained she just started uni so is always partying and was the one who trashed my apartment. I apologised for my carelessness and invited my neighbour for dinner, and said my cousin would pay for the damaged car windows.

As for the other questions, I did the email to my friends, and the Japanese Embassy speech thing.

Overall, the exam was better than anticipated because I expected it to be impossible seeing Japanese is one of my not-so-good subjects. It could have been better, but at the same time I'm not worried about it.

abcd9146

HSC

damn... i thought the exam was really easy... actually our whole class of 8 people did... it was just like my trial exam, except i thought the articles in reading and responding was a bit more "pointless" (like who cares about some dude complaining about an in.. and that sweet burger!??)

after doing the past hsc listenings for like the past 10 years, it was simple, except i was surprised about the cosplay thing... but being someone who can emerge himself in anime and manga for hours, i naturally knew what that was xD other than that, there wasn't anything particularly outstanding...

the r+r questions were weird though, especially hiroki (or someone)'s complaints, like its was all load of bs... i was fully laughing by the time i read that he was complaining about the lamps... like can't the stupid guy read??? but the question that asked why the 2 articles were put together was a bit tricky...
as for the 15 mark question, that was actually the kind of thing i like :) but i have a feeling i didn't do too good in that... the whole composition didn't have much structure... plus i didn't feel i wrote enough...

and the writing, my worst part... i did both the (a) parts (the email and speech), they were like what was to be expected, but as writing is my weakest part, i never i feel that i did good in this part X__X

anyways, thats another exam out of the way... yay XD

HSC

I have no idea what this cosplay thing (or watever it was) is about to be quite honest

Wow I missed all the puns and twists and stuff...went over my head. I blame that on my relatively inept japanese skills and a three hour physics exam relatively early.

As for the test itself, it was quite challenging, it put a twist on all the old exams that I had come across. IN all sections except for perhaps listening.

Listening- My worst one, wasn't as bad as my trial, but seeing as though I failed miserably in the trial at listening the only way has got to be up! It went way too quickly for my liking..oh and it took a bit to recover after that survey question about uni students...in saying that i answered the questions in any case, more talking abou what I heard rather than answering the question hoping its enough..doubt it though.

RRE- Not too bad, I understood most of it and made the rest up, and to me that was enough. Did anyone else think that that question about the combination of two articles was basically an English question...juxtaposition anyone?

RRJ-I don't know how many times I said sorry, I basically succumbed and admitted that I did such and such and I know I shouldnt have (partyin too hard) and Il pay for it and won't do it again blah blah blah...I didnt have any legitamate excuses, none that would satisfy the landlord, well nothing fancy like gatecrashers or something (not as if that's believable anyway).

Writing- My best but may have affected my performance to do well in the other things, since it took so long. I wrote about 400 ji for each, didn't mean to be that long but if it wasnt I would have lost my structure. I spent way too long on this one, should have spent more time trying to get extra marks in the other sections! I wrote about myself in 20 years and the embassy speech one. Wasn't too bad, I just had too much to say!

Meh just glad its over. I think I went better than I did in my trial so thats some consolation! Japanese is my worst subject anyway.

Nasus said:
haha im an idiot, i thought of amai, but not ahh my

oh listening gaps i thought were way shorter than previous years, i learnt heaps of vocab i didn't need to, but im glad i did anyway.

the listening question about the survey got me really confused, i didn't really know what was going on. What did they actually say??

that last reading and responding about the hamburger made me feel sick because i ate too many lollies before the exam and it felt gross.

i thought that the r+r in jap and the writing tasks were quite different to all the ones in past papers and that i have found in textbooks and the like, i did the schoolies one and the email to my frends saying why i couldn't go.

my first writing task got pretty messy and id already asked for a second booklet so i felt dumb asking for a second one.

i spent heaps long on r+r in eng, but my essays got done pretty quick, luckily i had the chance to check my whole test because id made some dumb mistakes.
Hey Nasus, wow I've never come across a post from anyone in our year! :) Haha yew! ok now I'm over it! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)