Japanese Continuers (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Re: Japanese Continuers ... ridiculous..

For the letter I blamed the random people that came :)

dongypro

HSC

Andrew_MM said:
Listening

The one about the oldest man in the world- I included a lot of irrelevant information about him making sake out of black sugar. Hopefully that'll get me extra marks.
akiko is a girls name

its a 102 year old woman

and no shes not the oldest person alive

the people of amami live the longest

Wackedupwacko

HSC

the reading was abit .... strange... a few kanji didnt know.... listening..... i loled at the cosplay.... i mean what kinda retarded guy uses cosplay as a reason to drag his gf to a cafe..... LOL!! anyways writing... fairly alrite..... for a minute i was gonna fully be obnoxious in the letter... but htne i read "reply in a suitable manner" :( took away all the fun... for the final 9 marker i had so much spare time i kanjified everything.... god some of the kanji r hard to write... like the one in erabu .... still overall an alrite exam.

ps im from lottos school... therefore we rape jap... and it seems the trend continuing this year

Last edited:

karumi

HSC

ugh i didn't like the paper this year, especially all the writing tasks cause they were so limiting! I only wrote about a page for each writing tasks, spent all my time thinking about what to write! Apologised endlessly for the complaint letter. Said it was 18th birthday too and friends threw a "surprise party" so i knew nothing about it. My grammar totally went out the window, bet I made lots of mistakes. Couldn't think of much content for the other writing tasks. I chose the email one and talked about schoolies even though i hardly have an idea of what happens there.

In the listening I nearly thought the guy who didn't do homework had a cough but no! it was seki=seat *phew* Learning the entire vocab list paid off! Listening was a breeze~!

But Japanese came right after physics and by then I'd been awake for 36 hours, had a headache and definately needed some sleep.

The last thing I needed was to hear some girl say cosplay, one of my fav pastimes, was "hen" so I just glared at the tape player. \ _ /

Andrew_MM

HSC

dongypro said:
akiko is a girls name

its a 102 year old woman

Yes- I might have got that mixed up- but i dont think it will really matter, because i said all that stuff above that your bitching about in one sentence. I then went on to write around 5 sentences more about him/her. So- if that one was slightly wrong, i think that

either way, i'll get the two marks..

Lets see what you wrote for things...then i can coldly point out your mistakes and pretend that i'm perfect.

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC

is it just me or does it seem unfair that french and italian continuers etc loved their exam and the majority of jap students hated ours?
gah. should of stayed with french instead.

sxcnerdgirl

Aussie Aussie Aussie
HSC

The exam was okay... but alot harder than any other jap test i've ever done... and i go to open high school where its supposed to be harder... the reading was fine it was that stupid complaint letter.. usually in reading and responding they'll give you like an advertisment for a party or cafe and ask you to pursuade your friends to come but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO they had to come up with something shit... i just tried to use as many structures as i could..

I suck so bad a listening and writing kanji

Nasus

HSC

dongypro said:
akiko is a girls name

its a 102 year old woman

i thought i was he only one who said it was a girl...stressing i'd got it wrong

umm cosplay...yeah didn't get the name at all, i didn't actually include cosplay as a name but said about the costume dressing up things

watatank said:
Hey Nasus, wow I've never come across a post from anyone in our year! :) Haha yew! ok now I'm over it! :p

hi christian san!! im pretty excited too woot woot . hows it going?!?

well, i guess i'll see you monday, haha this is funny.
goodluck with maths study .
susan.

p.s.you must be so happy you dont do pe anymore, imagine if you had two double das, that would suck.

B35tY

HSC

pLuvia said:
For the letter I blamed the random people that came :)
Yeah i said that i got gatecrashed and apologized profusely, and offered to have dinner with him sometime. Then for 12a i said that my parents were tight so i had to study, and that's why i couldn't go out with them,

LottoX and Wackedupwacko, i'm glad you found it easy, i'll need you to scale me up!!!! But no, it wasn't that bad, not sure if i'm in band6 contention though.

It took me about 3 seconds to get the cosplay reference, but when i did i looked over and Billy, James and heaps of other guys were killing themselves, that must've been the most random random to ever random.

All in all, a memorable exam, but not easy by any means.

Spon888

HSC

Wackedupwacko said:
ps im from lottos school... therefore we rape jap... and it seems the trend continuing this year
speak for yourself man...that was terribly difficult

anyway...NO MORE JAPANESE!!!

who is going to completely forget all their japanese?

rusty123

HSC

does anyone know anything about jap's aligning? cos i have no idea whatsoever... like wtf would a raw mark of like 82 in total align to. i heard jap hardly aligns but hopefully thats 90 at least...

Oritsuro

HSC

Hahah, I thought the Cosplay thing was hilarious and laughter ensued, but surprisingly the supervisors didn't tell us to shut up or anything. Maybe the board of studies is running out of material.

The listening, I thought, wasn't as fast as other years but the gaps between the passages were definately shorter. The reading and responding was interesting but the writing tasks were pretty boring.

F.R.O.G

HSC

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

ridiculous would have been a good exam ... This one was sooooooo unbelievably hard ... I mean i came first at school in My trials for japanese continuers and thought i had it in the bag... i knew all my senoir structures i know at least 55 kanji off the top of my head and i know heaps of vocab but that exam was soooo totally confusing:confused:... I had heaps of trouble in the listening b/coz of the voices the kept slurpping which i find unbelievably distracting and find that i can't listen to it... The reading and responding sucked i understood the passages but the frigin questions were about crap... I liked the writing cept i wish i had more time... i onl,y wrote about 40 ji for the question 13... The one about the neighbour was good for me i found that if i just explain that it was my birthday and then it got outta control because we drank too much alcohol and that gatecrashers completely destroyed my apartment and his car window then apologised heaps and offered to pay any damages and that i would alert him of any other parties that i have or to go somewhere else if i did... Then the other one i think i carved up aswell... Still think i failed miserably but if everyone thinks that it was shit and they did heaps bad than they should boost the marks up for us so it doesn't affect our UAI's dramatically....
Overall---
:lol:

YAY its OVAH!!!!!

kranqualizer

HSC

hehe the cosplay thing was funny

and i kinda chuckled at fussy Ken's complaints~ it was funni *the lamp was too dull i couldnt read* haha

Spon888

HSC

Oritsuro said:
Hahah, I thought the Cosplay thing was hilarious and laughter ensued, but surprisingly the supervisors didn't tell us to shut up or anything. Maybe the board of studies is running out of material.
I missed that Joke...is 'cosplay' something you pick up from watching anime/reading dictionaries/listening to Josh's ninjitsu knowledge?

B35tY

HSC

Wackedupwacko said:
best rnt u ranked higher than me in jap?
I'm 18th, i dunno where you're ranked.

I don't watch anime at all but i've heard the word thrown around a fair bit. They described it fairly well so it should've been obvious even if you didn't know what it was. But with the cosplay, AH MAII BAAGAA and the most random stimulus for Q11 ever, it was indeed a funny exam.

Oritsuro

HSC

Yeah, but BE5tY you're always present for our daily discussions about the quirks and what-nots of Japanese culture in class, which is a luxury few have.

DoubleX

HSC

B35tY said:
LottoX and Wackedupwacko, i'm glad you found it easy, i'll need you to scale me up!!!! But no, it wasn't that bad, not sure if i'm in band6 contention though.
Oh please, if anyone's scaling people up, it's you guys scaling me up!

I still loved the multiple stifled laughs at the cosplay question. That was pretty funny.

I actually found that exam to not be too bad, considering my track record for Japanese exams (particularly listening) has been pretty horrid-to-average. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't tear-your-hair-out difficult either.

Oritsuro said:
Yeah, but BE5tY you're always present for our daily discussions about the quirks and what-nots of Japanese culture in class, which is a luxury few have.
This is true. I think most of the state would have no idea what cosplay is, we just have a lot of people in our classes and a teacher who are familiar with the quirks of Japanese society.

Last edited:

rusty123

HSC

so i guess my question got pretty barred...does anyone know anything at all which might be helpful r.e. jap cont's aligning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)