Japanese Continuers (1 Viewer)

abcd9146

HSC
Re: Japanese Continuers ... ridiculous..

...whats with all the nsbhs ppl here?? or is it just cos u guys have a huge class so it seems like alot of you are here xD

not too sure about aligning though, but im guessing that it wouldn't be much... as most people who do japanese end up getting good marks (like i think over 50% end up in the top 2 bands, and a majority get band 6 - so thats why unless u get band 6, it wont count much to your uai... well thats what i've heard...) but then again, it changes from year to year...

as for the inclusion of cosplay... i guess the exam had a bit more of japanese culture in it... things like sumo, tea ceremonies, kabuki, etc. etc. are all too old now xD

but i jus wanna know: one guy in my class now is getting siginificantly lower marks (around 70s) than the rest of us (who are around 87-95 range), if he does the same in the hsc (like get alot lower)... is he gonna be regarded as an outlier or are his marks gonna drag the rest of ours down, or is it gonna be the other way round, and we drag him up?

B35tY

HSC

LottoX said:
I'm always here though.
Quoted for fucking truth! Look at that post count!

Yeah, it's a regular NSBHS party in the Jap forums... it's a shame none of us are any good at Jap though.

DoubleX

HSC

B35tY said:
Quoted for fucking truth! Look at that post count!

Yeah, it's a regular NSBHS party in the Jap forums... it's a shame none of us are any good at Jap though.
Where's Fonzie when you need him? :p

Alan the saint

HSC

That test gave me a massive rager....fortunately tojaco and I go to the same school and he was able to satisfy it after the exam.

Thanks tojacoman love u :) :) :)

HSC

Wow 25 thats a huge number! My class has nine, two have posted here (hi Susan! =D ) and I thought that was a decent number...clearly not lol

As for "none of us is good at Japanese" does that mean that you guys are only getting 89's? :p

I'm last in my class and I'm holding out for that mid band 4 after scaling...I'm keen! Hoping maths extension cuts Japanese in half because I dont want it to count for two units.

Oritsuro

HSC

Lol, he's just comparing to some of the people we have in our class. Incredibly freaky.

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad

LottoX said:
Did anyone get the pun in the name of the burger place? Ahh.. My Burger -> Amai Burger -> Sweet Burger...? Haha...

let me guess...a lame attempt by the board to entertain us?? hohoho:santa:

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad

how come none of my school jap pplz aren't on?!?!? ah maybe cos of maths extn...meh

I didn't write down cosplay, but I did write anime costume dress-up, and that the guy used emotional blackmail to convince his gf...:confused:
as for the stupid neighbour, should've wrote that I was sorry for bothering to read his/her letter. Can't believe I actually spent 3 or 4 minutes checking two dictionaries for different ways of saying sorry (I didn't want to be repetitive) :haha: I basically apologised at the end of each paragraph, the excuse being that it was my 20th bday.

jap extn should be interesting. This year's exams seem to be generally harder than any past papers...omg what if they give us some shit question like write a letter to Ototake? actually, that's an easy question to do...*trying to think of wierd q's the board can come up with*:headbang:

creelman88

HSC

Dang, my class has 4 people down from 6...
the exam was pretty s### but thats usual in a Jap exam for me...XD

em jayne

HSC

i thought it was heaps easy! the listening...i understood for the first time in my entire Japanese-speaking career. the reading was AWESOME! i also wanted to write something really obnoxious back in that letter but then realised i didnt really know how to go about that. lol. so i wrote back as some mother who was out of town and didnt know anything about the party. it was mega fun...the writing was super duper easy! that test was great! as soon as she said "pens down" my japanese teacher ran into the room and screamed "HOW WAS IT? HOW WAS IT?!"
and i jumped up and screamed back "GREAT!"
lol.

Action Yan

HSC

Woah, Besty, lottox, doublex, wackeduppedwacko, oritsuro!
Sorry to dissapoint the other NSBs, but I found the test excruciatingly hard. Whereas i usually finish with about 20 minutes to spare, I hardly finished this one in time. I found it hard to hit 300 for the 15 marker whereas I usually find it hard to keep under 400.
What's with the unprescribed vocab? I made a point of learning every prescribed vocab and then they chuck in some real randoms: fun'iki, toshiue, toushi etc. etc.
And the listening was impossible.
It was the hardest Jap test I've ever done and the worst I've ever done in a Jap test.
The only thing good about it was Josh's expression during the Cosplay listening task.

Oritsuro

HSC

That's why you were supposed to come to our study groups you failure! Even I went...oh wait.

J/k, you'll be fine.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hi,

Are there any books that have HSC style questions of Reading and Responding and Listening and Responding?

I've tried searching this forum but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)