• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Japanese in Uni? (1 Viewer)

Are you continuing Japanese in Uni?

• Yes, immediately

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Yes, but not in my first degree

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

kt san

i agree with kouri
baka sama should fully utilize her exchange stu, but aki's stay was so short that baka sama could really practice.

[edit: not appropriate]

but seriously after studying jap for five years dun u think it's a bit late taking it up as a hobby just before the HSC

[edit: personal]

anyway
not gonna buy more manga till i get a job
gonna hafta rewatch all the doramas i already got

Last edited by a moderator:

jogloran

SBS movies can be very helpful too.

A few nights ago, I watched a Japanese SBS movie called 'Tokyo Trash Baby': listening practice, why not, I thought. It was understandable except for when these two young girls were talking to each other: It was pretty much incomprehensible and every sentence invariably ended in ''...

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
yep it's freaky. highlight of the movie ... the nanika gives manabu a kiss ahahaha .. now THAT was freaky! (they're two guys, btw)

uhm, actually there were other scenes that were freaky .. just that that one stuck in my head ..

and english manga costs less than japanese ones if you get the scanlations >_>;;;

understanding japanese movies .. wow i admire you. 5 years of japanese haven't risen me to that level yet hehe but hopefully uni will :p

Baka Sama

kt san....you do realise that this is a forum and i would really appreciate it if you didn't expose my life out there....

:chainsaw:

i guess i'll just sit and watch my life go by....

kouri

well w t f
HSC
there are so many ways to improving your jap :)

but anyways

yes i read scanlatd manga... the thing is... i dont read manga to improve my jap or anything. i read it as an entertainment. and the translations aren't bad :)

i tend to learn off anime and songs more than anything else :D
and occasionally talking to myself in japanese hahaha...

okay. i'm sad.

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
atashitachi mo benkyou shinakereba naranai yo :p

kouri

well w t f
HSC
benkyou-ing is hard. someone hit me across the head.

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
i hit you across the head and run away.

kt san

i volunteer to hit kouri across the head any day
so everyone posting here are implying they'll all study jap in uni right?
then no sweat

Baka Sama

yeah! one more wk and thats the end of school.....and plz don't tell me that theres the hsc and then uni...i'm pretty sure that i've been well informed of that by 'many' ppl..... :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by kt san
but seriously after studying jap for five years dun u think it's a bit late taking it up as a hobby just before the HSC
Not at all! I started reading manga a week before my midcourse assessments and it worked wonders. It is NEVER too late to implement a new study plan. Well, ok, maybe it is. But even half a week before an exam is plenty of time to learn something by reading manga nightly before bed.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Baka Sama
kt san....you do realise that this is a forum and i would really appreciate it if you didn't expose my life out there....

i guess i'll just sit and watch my life go by....
YES. I'm going to mod your post now, because this isn't the kind of stuff that should be disclosed on the internet. If anyone is unhappy with someone report them and I'll take a look.

Baka Sama

yes i see "mr moderator"

but u do realise this is a forum and i don't think much ppl take things to the heart...its all a load of bs and sarcasm....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
yes i see "mr moderator"

but u do realise this is a forum and i don't think much ppl take things to the heart...its all a load of bs and sarcasm....
Then perhaps next time you shouldn't treat the forum so lightly :)

Yes, we are quite relaxed here, very relaxed compared to such places as GamingForce. BUT there's still a limit to how much you can get away with. It is up to the mods to decide when something is too sensitive (like believable comments on the personal problems of posters) and to act. You made the decision for me when you posted this:

Now to me, that is you complaining about the post. If a member makes a valid complaint I'm supposed to act on it, which I did. Since you now say that you weren't serious, I'll ask you take the threads a bit more seriously, because I have no tolerance when it comes to privacy. If anyone reveals things they shouldn't I won't wait for a report, I'll just cut it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)