Japanese Universities (1 Viewer)

love2eight

HSC
Just wondering, has anyone actually gone to a Japanese university as a international student? Cause Im thinking of going there but Im a bit confused with all the tests that you have to do and all...Im planning to do the Level 2 Japanese Proficiency test this year and then possibly the EJU test next year. Does anyone know more about entering Japanese uNis?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
A friend of mine just got accepted into a univeristy in Osaka (Kansai Gaidai for the record). He says all up he had:

-Japanese University 4 page main application
-Japanese University 6 page housing application
-3 letters of recommendation (can't be from Japanese teacher)
-Japanese proficiency 1 page
-Japanese teacher letter of recommendation/proficiency evaluation
-Medical information form (doctor visit!) 2 pages
-10 ID photographs (strange foreign size requirements, had to look all over for a place that could do it...)
-Personal Statement 1 page

He also had to fill out a foreign studies application which was 4 pages long from his university (since he is technically transferring there), not sure what you'd do in place of this though.

Umm that's probably not too much help, but that should give you an idea for what to expect and look for. I'd guess a place to start would be checking out their university websites (such as http://www.kansaigaidai.ac.jp/ ) or even talking to your careers advisor at school.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
why would u want to study in japan

their culture is worthless and barbaric and they are huge racists

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
jb_nc said:

It can't be for the experience, surely!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
you can sit around eating ramen and watching anime DESU ^_T

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
jb_nc said:

jb_nc...you're a twot, she's japanese! and japan rules...It would be a great experience too. You may not like it but others certainly do...and if you don't have any relevant info or help for her then dont post anything.:mad: bitch

oh and love2eight you skank face:)...i really hope you get in!!

HSC
uhawww said:
A friend of mine just got accepted into a univeristy in Osaka (Kansai Gaidai for the record). He says all up he had:
what is your mate studying?

i ask this cos i know of someone who was a few years above me went to tokyo uni to study psychology (i think?) in japanese! that was so crazy, had to do intense japanese language study for the first year before she could start her degree. she was really good, got 99.xx UAI too, principal couldnt stop going on and on about her...

tanjin said:
jb_nc...you're a twot, she's japanese! and japan rules...It would be a great experience too. You may not like it but others certainly do...and if you don't have any relevant info or help for her then dont post anything.:mad: bitch

oh and love2eight you skank face:)...i really hope you get in!!
I lol'd at your avatar :eek:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
i just realised i had no relevant info or help for her either...*hides in corner* but shup i didn't realise! :)

watatank said:
I lol'd at your avatar :eek:
yeh its funny...i have no idea why i quoted that...or why i even bothered saying it was funny...:karate: i'm a ninja actually im just retarded. :uhhuh:

chox

HSC
tanjin said:
i just realised i had no relevant info or help for her either...*hides in corner* but shup i didn't realise! :)

yeh its funny...i have no idea why i quoted that...or why i even bothered saying it was funny...:karate: i'm a ninja actually im just retarded. :uhhuh:

tanjin, you funny one :rofl:

love2eight

HSC
uhawww said:

-Japanese University 4 page main application
-Japanese University 6 page housing application
-3 letters of recommendation (can't be from Japanese teacher)
-Japanese proficiency 1 page
-Japanese teacher letter of recommendation/proficiency evaluation
-Medical information form (doctor visit!) 2 pages
-10 ID photographs (strange foreign size requirements, had to look all over for a place that could do it...)
-Personal Statement 1 page

He also had to fill out a foreign studies application which was 4 pages long from his university (since he is technically transferring there), not sure what you'd do in place of this though.

Umm that's probably not too much help, but that should give you an idea for what to expect and look for. I'd guess a place to start would be checking out their university websites (such as http://www.kansaigaidai.ac.jp/ ) or even talking to your careers advisor at school.
Yeah i talked to my careers advisor and she told me somethings saying that it was difficult and baisically I have to find my own information and get there my self. How long did your friend study japanese? I was planning to also go to University in the Kansai region. But i guess that all depends if i get a good mark for my HSC

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
love2eight said:
Yeah i talked to my careers advisor and she told me somethings saying that it was difficult and baisically I have to find my own information and get there my self. How long did your friend study japanese? I was planning to also go to University in the Kansai region. But i guess that all depends if i get a good mark for my HSC
Wow your careers advisor doesn't really seem to be doing her job...

He studied Japanese for two years, starting at beginners level at uni. The main reason he is going is to further his Japanese.

Two years at uni is roughly the same as completing Japanese extension for the HSC.

acq128

HSC
2 years of japanese at uni doesn't really get you to hsc extension level unless, you skip a few levels and not start completely on beginner 1

theres other ways of getting in, but if you want to do you're degree completely starting there, i have no idea D:

but the way i'm going through is basically a 1yr thing which is organised through the uni exchange program, each uni's different so....

Sonata

HSC
hmm couldnt u just study jap at the uni's at aus then transfer over to the unis at japan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)