Jasper Fforde (1 Viewer)

somechick

HSC
N/A
Has anyone read any of his books, the "thursday next" series?
Im really enjoying it at the moment, its so funny.
And if you havent read any of them yet, i highly recommend it.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Heh yeah, I've read the first one and loved it

Then I couldn't find the second one in the same cover as the first so I'm holding off buying it until I resign myself to the fact that the cover is out of print and I shall never find it :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I've read the first three ( i think tehre may be a fourth).

TYhe first was good however I think Fforde has difficulty sustaining the idea and maintaining reader interest and the quality degrades chronologically.

somechick

HSC
N/A
Naw i dont think so. But i know what you mean. I read the da vinci code and then his previous one (angels and demons) and they were exactly the same. But Fforde (to me) seems really creative. He's like the harry potter writer for older people, he keeps on coming up with new stuff each book.

Last edited:

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I've read "The Eyre Affair" and I really enjoyed it. I hadn't found the other 3 books until the other day, so I'm going to read the rest.

behemuf

HSC
anti said:
Heh yeah, I've read the first one and loved it

Then I couldn't find the second one in the same cover as the first so I'm holding off buying it until I resign myself to the fact that the cover is out of print and I shall never find it :(
Hey Anti Dont bother trying to find matching covers, The 4th one is only available in it own huge book print with quirky cover. I own all 4 books (Loved them) and they are all different covers.

I think that the first one was the best but they are all fantastic books and very interesting.

somechick

HSC
N/A
behemuf said:
Hey Anti Dont bother trying to find matching covers, The 4th one is only available in it own huge book print with quirky cover. I own all 4 books (Loved them) and they are all different covers.

I think that the first one was the best but they are all fantastic books and very interesting.

do you know how weird it was to start with the second book? lol i just picked it up from the library and i had no clue what was going on. dodos? neanderthals? i was like what the?
hehe i still havnt read the eyre affair yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)