JB Hi-Fi (1 Viewer)

XPIOTOS

HSC
Hey, everyone.

I applied for a part time counter sales job at JB today, and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience there and can tell me anything about it? Training and induction, recruitment process, rates of pay, staff discounts, stuff like that?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything about it. I look stuff up on the board all the time, but I couldn't find anything about working at JB, so I decided to ask. :)

Thanks!

-Chris.

CieL

HSC
lol my friend works at JB.
Standing around waiting for someone who's interested in buying laptops [he doesn't do cashier]
It looks preeeeetty bludgy.
Also, you can find out the price they get their items for and buy it at that price..
So JB doesn't make any profit, and you get a massive discount.

Other than "staff discounts", I don't know the internals.

samm928

HSC
hey, i work at officeworks, at the one in parramatta, i have had both store managers at both the jb hi fi stores in parramatta offer me a job, mate its shit pay and its only 10% net profit so if jb hi fi profits 100 bucks off something and you dont reduce the price.. tehn you make an extra $10 comission. i dunno i just didnt want that type of job. it puts alot of pressure as you have to meet sale margins or you get sacked as the first 3 months you work there is probation. gluck.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
^ wtf? my sister works at jb hi fi and i've never heard that. the pay is average (~$18 for casual at 21) although they get everything at cost price, which is a lot on some things but jb usually has their prices already low.

XPIOTOS

HSC
Hmm.

I haven't heard from them, and I very much doubt that I will, but I like to know as much as possible about a company when I apply to work there.

So thanks for your help, everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)