• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

JB Hifi and Esprit Interview!!!! (1 Viewer)

juspam

HSC
Hey guys i am having Jb hifi and Esprit interviews for Christmas Casual coming real soon. Is there anything i need to know or supposed to do at my interview?? Its kind of my first job interview though. I had jobs before but not retail. Please help!!!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I work at JB at the moment as a part timer and I can say the most important thing is to be yourself. Most people who work here (or at least in shop I work in) are generally very chill people, most youngish, so generally the interviewer won't expect anything formal etc. You'll probably get asked about your life, school and what you've done as extra-curricular then be asked to elaborate on what that involved, what you learnt, how you contributed, the usual.

You'll then be hit with how you found out about JB and why you want to work here (you can be honest here, e.g. talk about gaining experience and a bit of money). Might also prep yourself for a question on dealing with difficult customers.

That's it really, oh and dress casually, you're not applying for a business job.

HSC
Uni Grad
FML how does one manage to get an interview into JB hifi? Are they looking for people who have a statement in their resume specifically saying that they want to work at JB, or what?

juspam

HSC
Thanks heaps slyhunter. Its really helpful. The intervew istomorrow at parramtta westfield. (if ur store is around the area lol)..hope it goes well :)
@4025808 : mate its xmas time theres more chance that they would take u. I didnt write much on my resume just mentioned about some retail experience that i have.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
FML how does one manage to get an interview into JB hifi? Are they looking for people who have a statement in their resume specifically saying that they want to work at JB, or what?
You just have to be lucky I suppose, and my resume was just any other generic resume

Thanks heaps slyhunter. Its really helpful. The intervew istomorrow at parramtta westfield. (if ur store is around the area lol)..hope it goes well :)
@4025808 : mate its xmas time theres more chance that they would take u. I didnt write much on my resume just mentioned about some retail experience that i have.
I don't work at Parramatta but I assure you I work very close to there, you probably can guess where I am now

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn I would go with JB Hifi over myer. But I have myer xmas casual so I'll apply for JB Hifi next year.

HSC
Uni Grad
Because I'd definitely be working in electrical; tbh I'm not that keen on working in menswear or the other departments. I'd rather be working on dealing with technology like computers, TVs, games and all that.

Last edited:

juspam

HSC
I think i've missed this job. It wasnt the best interview i had :(
@ slyhunter: Did you get the job offer right away after the interview? The manager said he'll make the decisions in the next few days cause there are many applications.....

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
@ slyhunter: Did you get the job offer right away after the interview? The manager said he'll make the decisions in the next few days cause there are many applications.....
hey i dont know if it's too late to answer, but I just got a job at JB Hi-Fi, and in the interview they said they would get back to me within the week but i got the job offer just a few hours after the interview. it must depend on how many people are being interviewed and how soon they need people to start. good luck!

elisemay51

HSC
Hey I have a job interview at JB later in the week. Would you be able to please tell me what you had to do? :)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I have a job interview at JB later in the week. Would you be able to please tell me what you had to do? :)
It's really casual, I had a one-on-one with the store manager, but depending on what section you're applying for, you may have another manager present as well. You get asked questions like 'what was your favourite/least favourite part of your previous job?', 'how would you deal with a customer when they have been waiting for a long time', 'what would you do if there was a particularly difficult customer issue', 'what kind of music do you like' and you'll pretty much be expected to have full availability from now until the end of December/early January.

Out of curiousity, what department are you applying for?

Good luck!

elisemay51

HSC
Hey Im not really sure I just left my resume there and they called for an interview :) thank you so much for all the information!!
good luck to you too! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)