JCU Medical Written Application inquiries (1 Viewer)

Hockions

HSC
Hi guys, can you give me any tips on how you would answer these following questions for James Cook University medicine application:
1. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER / HEALTH PROFESSIONAL?
2. WHAT ACTIVITIES (PAID EMPLOYMENT, WORK EXPERIENCE OR VOLUNTARY WORK) HAVE YOU UNDERTAKEN, IN ADDITION TO YOUR STUDIES, WHICH INDICATE YOUR MOTIVATION TO STUDY MEDICINE OR ANOTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONAL DEGREE AT JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY?
3. TELL US WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A COURSE WHERE IMPORTANT THEMES ARE INDIGENOUS AND TROPICAL HEALTH AND RURAL/REMOTE MEDICINE?
4. PROVIDE ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU BELIEVE WILL SUPPORT YOUR APPLICATION.

Additionally, for the second question what types of activities are they expecting us to have participated in?

Thanks guys!!!

idkkdi

HSC
Hi guys, can you give me any tips on how you would answer these following questions for James Cook University medicine application:
1. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER / HEALTH PROFESSIONAL?
2. WHAT ACTIVITIES (PAID EMPLOYMENT, WORK EXPERIENCE OR VOLUNTARY WORK) HAVE YOU UNDERTAKEN, IN ADDITION TO YOUR STUDIES, WHICH INDICATE YOUR MOTIVATION TO STUDY MEDICINE OR ANOTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONAL DEGREE AT JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY?
3. TELL US WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A COURSE WHERE IMPORTANT THEMES ARE INDIGENOUS AND TROPICAL HEALTH AND RURAL/REMOTE MEDICINE?
4. PROVIDE ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU BELIEVE WILL SUPPORT YOUR APPLICATION.

Additionally, for the second question what types of activities are they expecting us to have participated in?

Thanks guys!!!
For no.2, st john ambulance cadets is an example.

Hockions

HSC
Thanks but is it okay if you can give me any ideas and tips as to how to approach the questions since I'm not really sure how to approach them.

beetree1

HSC
Just respond with whatever first comes to mind?

jojosiwa123

HSC
I think you should just keep it personal and also try to be truthful. Don't fall into the trap of making stuff up because it might come up in your interview. A relative does the interviews for medicine at a uni (not JCU) and said it's not always about what specific volunteering or hobby thing you've done- it's just to show that you are able to have a work/life balance. These specific questions are pretty straight forward. Just answer them and get someone like a careers advisor or even your parents to read your draft before you submit it. You'll be fine!

Hockions

HSC
Thanks guys!!! Also does anyone know what the minimum Atar requirement is for JCU and does the Atar requirement differ for dentistry in JCU?

exojun

HSC
Thanks guys!!! Also does anyone know what the minimum Atar requirement is for JCU and does the Atar requirement differ for dentistry in JCU?
For Med:
median op/rank to receive offer excluding adjustment factors: 2/97 (OP/RANK)

For Dent:
median op/rank to receive offer excluding adjustment factors: 4/94 (OP/RANK)

- you can find alot more information on the QTAC website
- for both courses the highest was 99 - i would be aiming for this
- first round interviews are based on atar estimates and written application so if you have a high atar estimate (98,99) and have written a comprehensive application then you should be good
- for application : you really need to push why your interested in studying rural/indigenous/tropic health as this is the biggest focus of the university. If you can't show why your interesting in doing so you may potentially be ranked lower for application

Happy Applying!

Hockions

HSC
For Med:

For Dent:

- first round interviews are based on atar estimates and written application so if you have a high atar estimate (98,99) and have written a comprehensive application then you should be good
- for application : you really need to push why your interested in studying rural/indigenous/tropic health as this is the biggest focus of the university. If you can't show why your interesting in doing so you may potentially be ranked lower for application

Happy Applying!
Thanks!!! @exojun

nsw..wollongong

HSC
For Med:

For Dent:

Happy Applying!
what are second round interviews based on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)