Jeans - colour coming off (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
the colour on my jeans seems to rub off on my white shoes making it blue. I've washed the jeans 4 times already but the colour still seems to wear. anyone know how to solve the problem? what about removing the stains from white leather shoes?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Turn your jeans inside out before you wash them to slow the process of colour-loss.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jesus, never experienced that with any sorta pants.

how much were they?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
are they from just jeans? that always happens with those ones. i had some tan suede mid calf boots i wore uinder jeans and the top of them is all blue now :(
and it never stopped
as for the shoes....baby wipes are good for cleaning shoes, but i dunno if theyll get dye off as its prolly gone into the leather
maybe white shoe polish?

Lennie

I feel your pain :(
My jeans once destroyed a $140 school bag.
Not happy....
Even though I hated them at that stage, rather than throw the jeans out, I just used that 'dye-stop' stuff from the local craft store. It was about $14 I think, and is designed to stop fading, or transfering the dye onto other surfaces.
If you can be bothered, it is a good investment.

As for the shoes, much like my bag, I think they are gone forever.
Still, as Emily said, maybe try the shoe polish...
You never know....

Lennie

Murf said:
i've read some nasty stories of people having nice white leather lounges and or white leather interior in their cars, and bad quality jeans :eek: :vcross: not pretty

Damn... Thats horrible.
The jeans are actually 'Lee' jeans. I didnt think they were that bad in terms of quality... Oh well, they are really, really dark denim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
noneother said:
the colour on my jeans seems to rub off on my white shoes making it blue. I've washed the jeans 4 times already but the colour still seems to wear. anyone know how to solve the problem? what about removing the stains from white leather shoes?
yeh its happened to me as well... basically dont wear your white shoes with those jeans till youve washed them a few times more often...
theres some products you can use to whiten shoes but im not sure if theyll remove the stains... you should ask them sports shoe stores...

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
ok i was able to remove the stains on white leather by using an rubber eraser. i found this works well for all types of stains too.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
I feel your pain :(
My jeans once destroyed a $140 school bag.
Not happy....
Even though I hated them at that stage, rather than throw the jeans out, I just used that 'dye-stop' stuff from the local craft store. It was about $14 I think, and is designed to stop fading, or transfering the dye onto other surfaces.
If you can be bothered, it is a good investment.

As for the shoes, much like my bag, I think they are gone forever.
Still, as Emily said, maybe try the shoe polish...
You never know....
Someone should've knocked you out for spending $140 on a school bag in the first place. $70 max.

And the dye should come out... just try scrubbing them with soap & water... Or paint them white :p Jks. Def. white shoepolish though...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
that happens to my shoes too....i don't think u can avoid the problem, but u can also use a towel with water and soap to get rid of the blue on ur shoes. that's what i do and it works. the problem is, i have to do it everytime i wear jeans with white shoes, which is everyday. it's a pain in the arse.

i'll try the eraser too.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
i got a bottle of shoe spray from footlocker which keeps my shoes white but it doesn't protect against the jeans stains :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)