JKDDragon's Graphics Corner: Come inside, Everyone is Welcome! (1 Viewer)

equiski

HSC
Hello and welcome to JKDDragon's thread about video cards. This thread will be used until JKD's own forum is set up. Here you can ask questions and discuss graphics with the man himself.

Now, before you post please read the

RULES OF THIS THREAD

1. You must talk about graphics cards or topics relating to graphics cards.
2. ATI vs nVidia discussion is encouraged.
3. If you own a dell, compaq, hp, ibm, acer desktop you are not invited to partake in this thread's activities.
4. If your user name starts with Sasha you are hereby banned from talking in this thread.
5. If your user name ends with theman you are hereby banned from talking in this thread.
6. Talk of Age of Empires, in any of its forms (1,2,3,Age of Mythology etc), is NOT PERMITTED in this thread. This is about JKDDragon and graphics cards, not shitty RTS games.
7. Screenshots are permitted.
8. Ugly screenshots are punishable by death.
9. JKD's word is truth

If anyone breaks any of this thread's rules, MedNEz will go around to your house and moderate your mailbox. With a chlorine bomb, if you know what i mean.

Okay, i will start the party with a small question.

I am building a PC within the next few months. I am looking to buy a midrange GPU in the area of 200-350 buckeronies. I have been planning to buy a 6600GT for a while, but with recent new releases and price drops I'm not sure anymore. I am now strongly considering the X800GTO, X800GT and the new X1600. I hope to play games at high res as apposed to having AA etc, as I own a sweet 21inch Sony Trinitron CRT. So i'm looking to use 1600x1200 with no or 2x AA in games like Half Life 2. Although, I am happy to run at lower resolutions (above 800x600). It looks like the x800GTO is the best choice in this price segment (especially the HIS overclocked version). What are your thoughts, great JKDDragon?

Other people may respond as well, if you wish.

equiski

HSC
Hmm, your name doesn't APPEAR to start with Sasha or end with theman. Please respond, be my guest.

Collin

HSC
N/A
This is my dream thread, kudos. I have not the time to answer any questions at the moment, for I'am busy scanning the forums of sites such as Anandtech for news worthy of reporting for my loyal minions. And also masturbating over pictures of high-end graphics cards, so do not disturb.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hey hey guys i have great long and tedious news about age of empires 3.

shit sorry umm i ll just head for the door. bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)