Jmc, aim or sae! Cant decide (1 Viewer)

lordofthestring

HSC
Ive applied for an audio engineering degree and can't decide which one to attend. I want to eventually work for music for the film industry. I also plan on going to the aftrs to do a post-grad diploma in sound once ive completed one of the degrees.

Award Course Detail

Now, whoever has actually gone to any of the colleges, which one would benefit me the most? atm the modules at jmc sound appealing, because they relate to film, tv, and radio stuff, However, i'd like to know whether it is a good as it makes out, in terms of equipment used( i hear they use pro-tools, which is pretty good i guess), teachers, etc. Aim doesn't exactly go into detail on what is covered and is the most expensive, and sae has a high rep( so ive been told?...). I'm no n00b with audio so im not just going into one of these degrees to sound cool, I want an undergraduate cert which will be beneficial to further studies as well as be a good thing to have on my resume. And i have searched the forum to see if there are any similar, but i havn't been able to find anything which mentions all 3 institutes pros/cons. Thanks

philphie

Banned
HSC
i have friends that go to jmc and according to them audio engineering is very good because you will not just be working in music. if you want info on SAE ask AusBluesMan

i think he goes there

lordofthestring

HSC
yeah, it seems im leaning more towards that atm...however, i'd still like peoples opinions, i havnt read anywhere people talking about how the audio engineering degree is at aim...

hehenotfunny

HSC
I go to the Australian Institute of Music (AIM) and currently doing the bachelors of music course for contemporary performance.
its amazing! I highly recommend you choosing here, I have a friend who previously went to JMC claimed that what she has learnt in a semester at JMC, AIM can do it in a week and apparently rehearsal rooms arent so great either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)