JMP Interviews - 2016 Entry (1 Viewer)

ffields

HSC
N/A
Rural and still no letter... thought I had met the requirements, but starting to freak out now :(

eaions

HSC
Yeah I don't think I'm getting one now either :(

flyingdoctor

HSC
Rural and still no letter... thought I had met the requirements, but starting to freak out now :(
To give all you rural folk some comfort, received an interview offer today :)

S1 56 Non-standard, Rural

ffields

HSC
N/A
To give all you rural folk some comfort, received an interview offer today :)

S1 56 Non-standard, Rural
Thanks for that :) Finally did get mine today, such a relief! Quite a wait given I live literally 20 mins from the uni....??!

loveallaround

HSC
I got mine today too*sigh of relief. So I'm guessing everyone would have got one by now because WA is miles out

LittleBirdCage

HSC
Don't have a link or anything of the sort. It was medentry that stated this and I just go by what they say.

Unless they secretly changed their selection process, I'm almost certain that this is how they'll do it this year
Hello
Sound like you do interview at JMP last year. Can you share format of testing? For example, does person having opportunity to read question before go into each station room?
Is all station just question / answer or some other activity?
What type question they ask? I read on some other chat that all question are senareo type with no right-wrong?

where can I go for practice question? Anyone knowing this?

And for PQA, is like IQ test or like section 2 of UMAT? Can share some pointer anyone?
LBC

iStudent

HSC
Hello
Sound like you do interview at JMP last year. Can you share format of testing? For example, does person having opportunity to read question before go into each station room?
Is all station just question / answer or some other activity?
What type question they ask? I read on some other chat that all question are senareo type with no right-wrong?

where can I go for practice question? Anyone knowing this?

And for PQA, is like IQ test or like section 2 of UMAT? Can share some pointer anyone?
LBC
I study in the JMP atm :)
You don't get to read the actual questions they ask you. All you get is like a piece of paper explaining what the station is about (2 minutes to do this - from door to door).
Not all stations involve you answering some questions. In one station, you stand up and solve a puzzle - this is the station everyone says they failed haha. Some stations involve scenario type questions, especially the decision making stations and yea generally there's no right or wrong answer. It's about how you approach the question. 8-10 stations in total each testing a different aspect.

You might find practice questions if you search around this site and MSO.

The PQA is really random. Not an IQ test and not like S2 UMAT. I think it's an hour or so long test. It's sort of like doing an internet survey if that helps (although, a survey on your personality/habits!). Really simple questions with like agree, disagree etc.

Sorry for the vague response - can't say too much about it since I'm sort of under an agreement not to disclose stuff about the interview... (I hope this gives you an idea about it though!)

Laure Mansour

HSC
i got an interview invitation for second round on the 23rd of January since I am a domestic overseas applicant.(UMAT S1=60)
however, the mail did not state a location and time for the interview. I also could not find a way to confirm my interview offer. how can I find all these infos?

greenlander

HSC
HELP please. re choosing BONDED or not?
At Newcastle do they offer the non bonded places first and after that allocate out the bonded ones? like at UNSW. I don't know what to tick.. What if I got a bonded place at unsw, first choice and a NON bonded place at Newcastle, (second choice), would I ever know about the Newcastle place? can I find out in second round offers by putting UON first? have to decide re bonded by tomorrow. Tried ringing but no help. thanks.

bangladesh

HSC
HELP please. re choosing BONDED or not?
At Newcastle do they offer the non bonded places first and after that allocate out the bonded ones? like at UNSW. I don't know what to tick.. What if I got a bonded place at unsw, first choice and a NON bonded place at Newcastle, (second choice), would I ever know about the Newcastle place? can I find out in second round offers by putting UON first? have to decide re bonded by tomorrow. Tried ringing but no help. thanks.
Since bonded has been reduced to 1 year, you're almost shooting yourself in the foot if you don't tick it. It's a personal decision though, this is just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)