s3: 65

Total= 166
Percentage = 76%

and get I DIDNT get a letter in the mail, btw i am a syneysider

Last edited:

meethu

HSC
fullysickbro said:
Hi, I was just wondering what is the criteria that determines if you are eligible for an interview, is it JUST umat and predicted UAI??? Also, is there preference given to certain people, for instance those who might live in newcastle??

Treece, u got an interview for newcastle, is that what ur saying or do u mean UWS?
JMP dont use predicted UAI's - the interviews are given on the basis of UMAT scores alone. Your UAI comes in later.

People who live in Newcastle are eligible for the Deans Regional List and therefore can recieve interviews with a lower UMAT score than the normal cutoff. You don't have to apply - they autamatically do it for u.

meethu

HSC
fullysickbro said:
Treece are u a rural applicant?

its just my umat scores were:

s1: 56
s2: 45
s3: 65

Total= 166
Percentage = 76%

and get I DIDNT get a letter in the mail, btw i am a syneysider
well if u didnt apply through the rural stream then im sorry to say that ur score wont be enough for an interview this year. UNCLE don't send letters to unsuccessful aplicants unfortunately.

lionking1191

HSC
meethu said:
JMP dont use predicted UAI's - the interviews are given on the basis of UMAT scores alone. Your UAI comes in later.

People who live in Newcastle are eligible for the Deans Regional List and therefore can recieve interviews with a lower UMAT score than the normal cutoff. You don't have to apply - they autamatically do it for u.
i've always thought it's a bit of a wasted effort getting the interviews done first

cccclaire

HSC
partelephant said:
As always, there's a fine line to tread between an answer that has been contemplated thoroughly beforehand and one that has been prepared/rehearsed. It's a hard call and I probably can't offer any advice that hasn't been offered before.

There's questions (in particular questions such as why medicine and why this institution) that you've OBVIOUSLY thought about before if you have any serious intention of doing medicine whatsoever, so I don't think it's possible to avoid an element of prepared-ness (goes to show how awesome I was at english =P) to your answer. (What I did was to just have some basic ideas already in my head that I wanted to get across in those types of questions and the way that my response panned out on the day varied considerably).

With regards to dress, I always like to err on the cautious/conservative side. Having said that, being a guy takes the decision almost entirely out of my hands (thankfully =)) - I think I wore the same shirt and pants to 6 interviews LOL...
thanks for the tips =]

I think I have my outfit planned. I think I'll go for a conservative black skirt, blue blouse.

lozy5

HSC
Letter finally arrived this afternoon!
so relieved :)
and 8th dec... so perfect... doesnt interfere with my thailand schoolies trip at all!
so stoked.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
lozy5 said:
Letter finally arrived this afternoon!
so relieved :)
and 8th dec... so perfect... doesnt interfere with my thailand schoolies trip at all!
so stoked.
Congrats :uhhuh:!

4unitfreak

HSC
I haven't got one yet, and I'm on the Central Coast. My UMAT score was 179 and 89th percentile... maybe it will come tomorrow if I get one.
I hope I get one...

Mooshelle

HSC
can someone tell me whether or not they send out rejection letters too?
either way i havent got a letter yet - tho it is a public holiday atm in victoria...
anyway UMAT 87... borderline?

meethu

HSC
Unfortunately only successful applicants are contacted. If u think u should've recieved an interview u should probably call them up and ckeck to be safe.

Mooshelle

HSC
does anyone know if a umat of 87 percentile in melbourne is enough? (or was enough)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Unfortunately the cut-off this year appears to be around 177 or 59 as an overall score and 89-90%.

4unitfreak: I think you should contact the medfac if you haven't recieved your offer by now.

Last edited:

Mooshelle

HSC
oh well. got 1 interview in adelaide at least. borderline sucks XD
and theres still hope of JCU and WA
anyone know when WA will come out? and if it'll be by mail or ...

meethu

HSC
Mooshelle said:
oh well. got 1 interview in adelaide at least. borderline sucks XD
and theres still hope of JCU and WA
anyone know when WA will come out? and if it'll be by mail or ...
UWA release offers after their year 12 exams so don't expect anything untill late november. I think offers are usually made by email and then u can go online to book times etc

Mooshelle

HSC
personally i think it would be wise for many unis to wait til after exams to send out rejections...lol

m000

HSC
N/A
So have people outside Newcastle received their invitations yet?

4unitfreak

HSC
I got my letter on the day of the Physics exam. :D My interview's next Wednesday - the day of the formal and the day before I go to Hong Kong. I'm totes not prepared yet :uhoh:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
4unitfreak said:
I got my letter on the day of the Physics exam. :D My interview's next Wednesday - the day of the formal and the day before I go to Hong Kong. I'm totes not prepared yet :uhoh:
Ouch, best of luck any how. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)