job at coles (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
How bad is the knee injury?

There's no climbing in my store if you're around 180cm as you can reach up.
You have machines and flatbeds to help you move stock around.
There might be a bit of walking with "heavy" objects.. like the huge tubs of oil, 24pk can of softdrink, bags of kitty litter/potting mix.. but those are usually on the floor and you dont need to lift much.

This is stuff mostly on the floor.. i'm not sure what the process in the back dock is like..

T

Testpilot

Nightfill @ Coles.

You will be called during the day and asked if you can work (usually 6-10). When you clock on you'll be assigned an aisle (or more, depending on load size. There may also be two or more per aisle). You then go to your aisle where they'll be a stock cage waiting for you. You take the stock and fill the shelves and if it doesn't fit write the bar code on the side and leave it on the ground. You will be expected to do 42 boxes an hour. Generally they is 2-3 hours of filling (sometimes an hour of dairy) and 1-2 hours of 'face up' i.e. bringing the stock on the self to the front so that the shelving looks like a solid wall.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Far man, which city r u guys from, well the coles stores all around Sydney, never seems to have any jobs availiable.

onholidays

HSC
Far man, which city r u guys from, well the coles stores all around Sydney, never seems to have any jobs availiable.
My friend got a job at coles by walking in and handing in resume and cover letter. I think Coles will only hire you when they desperately need staff. Otherwise, an expression of interest submitted on their site means nothing. They will only be fast about it if they need people urgently. Otherwise they will take their time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)