• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Job at JB Hi-FI? (1 Viewer)

rawrliongirl

HSC
What are the chances of me getting a part-time job at JB?
I'm 17 and had no previous work experience. I've wanted to apply here for aaaaaages (like since I was in year 7..it was always my dream to work there..I know that's a pretty sad dream but oh well) but obviously I've never applied.
I'm into music, games and movies/tv (but i've more expertise in the music and games).
Would they even consider me seeing as I've had no experience? Is it likely that any jobs would open up after new year (Which is when I was thinking of applying)?
I'd just really like to apply for a job there since it is my favourite shop and it sells all the things I like/ have knowledge about. I just feel so at home whenever I go there, I know my local JB like the back of my hand (I go there that often). My friends even say that I look like the type of person to work there, the style and hair and whatnot.
Does anyone know how the application process works? I'm aware you have to apply online, but what happens after that? And what are good things to put into my application?

Sorry for all the questions and stuff. I'd just really like to get a job sometime soon and if I could manage to get one at JB that'd be so rad.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
JB hifi is very customer service oriented and if you have no past experience of demonstrating this. Pretty much no chance. Also as far as I'm aware everyone working there is low 20s.

astroman

HSC
tl;dr but mostly people there are uni students working or full time ppl.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
What are the chances of me getting a part-time job at JB?
I'm 17 and had no previous work experience. I've wanted to apply here for aaaaaages (like since I was in year 7..it was always my dream to work there..I know that's a pretty sad dream but oh well) but obviously I've never applied.
I'm into music, games and movies/tv (but i've more expertise in the music and games).
Would they even consider me seeing as I've had no experience? Is it likely that any jobs would open up after new year (Which is when I was thinking of applying)?
I'd just really like to apply for a job there since it is my favourite shop and it sells all the things I like/ have knowledge about. I just feel so at home whenever I go there, I know my local JB like the back of my hand (I go there that often). My friends even say that I look like the type of person to work there, the style and hair and whatnot.
Does anyone know how the application process works? I'm aware you have to apply online, but what happens after that? And what are good things to put into my application?

Sorry for all the questions and stuff. I'd just really like to get a job sometime soon and if I could manage to get one at JB that'd be so rad.
try office works

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Also youre never gonna get a job at one of these places unless they advertise it on a store by store basis. Experession of interest is a load of bull

rawrliongirl

HSC
ok. i do know someone who got a job there when they were like 18 (and im turning 18 next year)
I guess I'd have to try and find a job somewhere else first :|

rawrliongirl

HSC
Oooh you're gonna see the JB Hi Fi guy ;)
hush not necessarily.. :3 maybe id apply at a diff jb to avoid awkwardness and embarrassment. trust me this past week i went there like 3 or 4 times and he was there every time i went...EVEN YESTERDAY! :O he must think I stalk him... (ik that's an excessive amount of times to go to a shop like that, but i've had to buy things and im going away this weekend and needed to get things before then and blah)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
hush not necessarily.. :3 maybe id apply at a diff jb to avoid awkwardness and embarrassment. trust me this past week i went there like 3 or 4 times and he was there every time i went...EVEN YESTERDAY! :O he must think I stalk him... (ik that's an excessive amount of times to go to a shop like that, but i've had to buy things and im going away this weekend and needed to get things before then and blah)
Awww but you should go to the one he works at! Would be some extra incentive :)
HAHAH he must be wondering what's going on

rawrliongirl

HSC
Awww but you should go to the one he works at! Would be some extra incentive :)
HAHAH he must be wondering what's going on
yeah, maybe :3
Probably, he keeps seeing me at the most awkward moments. He doesn't work at the front of the store anymore as like customer service. Hes like sales assistant now or something. He came up to us on Saturday and asked us if we needed help when we were looking at random TV's and the funny thing is he doesnt even work in the TV section :')))) he's at the headphones and camera section all the way at the other end of the store :')

I'm pretty sure the security guard there realises that I keep going back there..its kinda awks.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
yeah, maybe :3
Probably, he keeps seeing me at the most awkward moments. He doesn't work at the front of the store anymore as like customer service. Hes like sales assistant now or something. He came up to us on Saturday and asked us if we needed help when we were looking at random TV's and the funny thing is he doesnt even work in the TV section :')))) he's at the headphones and camera section all the way at the other end of the store :')

I'm pretty sure the security guard there realises that I keep going back there..its kinda awks.
LOOOL that's so good! Srs tho, I reckon since that guy and the security guard have seen you so many times, you might have a good chance at getting a job there! Ohh and you could also ask that guy the next time you see him about you looking for a job there and he could possibly recommend you or something :) You got dis gurll! (That would also be an excuse to talk to him)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
To the OP.

We're the same age. We have no work experience. We're into video games and music. We both dreamed about working there from a young age.

If they didn't accept me, then idk about you lol. Right now Jb HiFi have hired the casuals for the Christmas/summer period. So you might not have a chance.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
LOOOL that's so good! Srs tho, I reckon since that guy and the security guard have seen you so many times, you might have a good chance at getting a job there! Ohh and you could also ask that guy the next time you see him about you looking for a job there and he could possibly recommend you or something :) You got dis gurll! (That would also be an excuse to talk to him)
;)

rawrliongirl

HSC
To the OP.

We're the same age. We have no work experience. We're into video games and music. We both dreamed about working there from a young age.

If they didn't accept me, then idk about you lol. Right now Jb HiFi have hired the casuals for the Christmas/summer period. So you might not have a chance.
We be twins lol. looks like ill just try somewhere like Hoyts or Kmart or Big W or something for now and then apply as soon as a position I could do comes up at JB.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I was thinking that lol. but you have no idea how much i chicken out at talking to him.
I could easily talk to the security guard there cos i don't feel too awkward (seeing as I'm obviously not attracted to him) and he seems pretty easy going and made a joke to me as I got him to sign my receipt on the way out yesterday.
But with the dude that I like..i dont think i could ever talk to him :3 I'm too much of a chicken >.< It would be rad if i could befriend him somehow and he could recommend me or something :L :L :L

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I applied for like over 40 positions and only got two interviews. Lel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)