Job at the movies (1 Viewer)

melizzle

HSC
anyone work at greaterunion or event cinemas?
is it hard to get a job at the movies in the city?
is it good pay?

frango

HSC
well, a friend on mine worked at reading cinema, and he said he can watch movies... iunno... =]

chrisnumber1

HSC
lol well thats alright for me coz im not white
you have to be black...not white just wont cut it, because if your asian then the people wont see you, but they will detect your presence, making them paranoid and they wont be able to enjoy the movie

Noob1314

HSC
anyone work at greaterunion or event cinemas?
is it hard to get a job at the movies in the city?
is it good pay?
Heyys I want to apply at a cinema too ! Hoyts. :)

Does anybody here work at Hoyts? If you do, can you tell us if you applied online or handed in your resume please ! And information on when they called you after you applied :)

mattyg87

HSC
noob...i work at hoyts. I recommend handing in your resume and filling out the application form. Since we brang in the online applications we've literally had 100s of them coming in. I doubt they'll even be looked at. Resume with a cover letter all very presentable should be ok. We are getting picky with who we hire now because we have so many applications and you have to be good with your time. Also, don't bother applying if you are over 18, you are wasting your time. I've had a job for over 5 years now, and when I applied I was 17 but they were badly needing people back then and I submitted a cover letter with my resume. We now also have application forms which they will get you to fill out. Might take a month or so before they call you. Now is a good time to apply though as we have big movies coming out such as Eclipse, Sex and the City, Shrek 4 etc and its coming up to holidays. Good luck :)

Noob1314

HSC
noob...i work at hoyts. I recommend handing in your resume and filling out the application form. Since we brang in the online applications we've literally had 100s of them coming in. I doubt they'll even be looked at. Resume with a cover letter all very presentable should be ok. We are getting picky with who we hire now because we have so many applications and you have to be good with your time. Also, don't bother applying if you are over 18, you are wasting your time. I've had a job for over 5 years now, and when I applied I was 17 but they were badly needing people back then and I submitted a cover letter with my resume. We now also have application forms which they will get you to fill out. Might take a month or so before they call you. Now is a good time to apply though as we have big movies coming out such as Eclipse, Sex and the City, Shrek 4 etc and its coming up to holidays. Good luck :)
Heyy thanks for the information ! So do I hand in my resume, a cover letter and ask one of the usher for an application form? Do you know the pay rate for 15 year olds? Thank you so much ! :)

melizzle

HSC
you have to be black...not white just wont cut it, because if your asian then the people wont see you, but they will detect your presence, making them paranoid and they wont be able to enjoy the movie
lol well im not asian either. im not like black african or indian but im dark enough. lol if only your theory was true, id have the job just like that (clicks fingers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)