Job Hunting Failing~~ (1 Viewer)

LadyLaLa

HSC
Guiseeee

Well as a lot of us know we should be applying for a job in September cause that's when retailers and such open up to hiring people for Christmas Casual positions....

To keep this short I only started applying towards the end of September and haven't gotten any job interview :(

I applied at:
- Cotton On
- Woolworth
- Target
- Big W
- MeetFresh
- Hoyts

and yea... Where else should I apply? I WANT TO WORK SO BAD OMG LOL I originally didn't want to apply at any fast food but it looks like I will :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Have those companies actually gotten back to you at all?

LadyLaLa

HSC
Majority hasn't but I've gotten a rejection letter from Woolies and Big W but I've applied at different stores and they haven't gotten back to me yet :(
Target I only applied yesterday though... :/

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Give them a call and chase it up.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Woolworths haven't started Christmas casuals yet. Wait till the end of the month

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Just don't hassle.

Businesses hate it when you hassle, I mean, don't call heaps in one days

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Might also be worth having someone read over your resume, especially if you're new to the workforce. Even if you don't have any previous experience, it helps if you can outline what skills you have and can offer to the organisation, such as leadership skills if you were prefect at school or something like that.

Good luck!

Rohanco

HSC
Do you guys reckon me having worked 2 years previously in retail would help get me a job?

Newbit

HSC
I'm wanting to get a job after my exams as well, this will be my first job and I wanted to ask, who is it that you hand your resume into, is there a box where you put the resume in? I heard you just give it to the employees that are working there, but can you trust them to pass it on?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
I'm wanting to get a job after my exams as well, this will be my first job and I wanted to ask, who is it that you hand your resume into, is there a box where you put the resume in? I heard you just give it to the employees that are working there, but can you trust them to pass it on?
Just give it to anyone. Trust me they always make it to the boss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)