Jobs in brissy (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
I'm currently bludging but even getting 130$ a week doesn't seem to be enough so i'll have to start looking for a casual job :( There are heaps but i'm just lazy.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
There are heaps of jobs around. I need one -- all my youth allowance and scholarship money goes to my Dad, because he's paying for college fees. So I do some casual market research interviewing here and there, and I work 8 hours a week in the library on campus.

Cab31

HSC
There are plenty of jobs around coz there are less students up here ;)

Trev

stix
HSC
Ohhhhh realllllllly? Why two years at ANU? I'm seriously considering changing from civil engineering to architecture; I'm just not sure it's the thing for me.
Why have you decided to change to UQ? Why hopefully... why not definately?
UQ>ANU! We have a lake :D

Legolas

HSC
starbaaa, what kind of work do you do at the UQ library?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Well, this is a rather late reply, but never mind that now.

I work at the loans desk of the social sciences & humanities library, doing the usual kind of library jobs: checking books in and out, renewing and extending loans, putting books on hold, taking them off hold, and general customer assistance. I pretty much only have this job because I worked in a library back home, thus had some (limited) experience -- most casuals (read students) are shelvers. Which, by the way, I would also happily do, as I absolutely love library work.

Legolas

HSC
Cool, how did you get the job and does it pay well?

I assume that they're pretty flexible with the work hours...?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Theres an application form somewhere on the website... its kinda hard to find, took me a while, but its there.

Yeah, they're good with hours. They match your shifts around your uni timetable, you just tell them what hours you can't work, and they try and work something out for you. And I've found it really easy to get time off when I've needed it.

Trev

stix
HSC
This year John's had 250 applicants and only 88 places, over 10 of those would have been on the actual 2 houses they have (they just bought a new one) which are ~10 mins walk from the actual college.... myep.

Igglesnoop

HSC
Uni Grad
Are there any jobs available around brissy for uni students or is it better just to bludge of centrelink?
If you become a bludge of Centrelink, A Current Affair and Today Tonight will come running on their knees and begging for you and then humiliate you in front of 1.6 million viewers despite the fact you are not a welfare cheat.

shady145

Banned
HSC
^ o_O
i'm bumming off centrlink and getting a job, and hopefully getting scholarship
there are plenty of jobs in brissy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)