Jobs within usyd (1 Viewer)

annie_m

HSC
I'm looking for casual work within Sydney uni, but not sure where to look. Does anyone work on campus at usyd and could give me advice on the type of jobs available/ hours/ pay/ places to apply for work at etc.
also, I have my swim teacher license, so I could work at the uni pool swim school... if anyone has worked there before, would you mind telling me what it's like? :)
Thanks!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
depends what kind of job you want. Positions in admin are fairly hard to get into but pay incredibly well ($34+ for someone 21+)

The Union runs all the union coffee carts, some of the stores, and academic dress. They pay about $21/hr for people 21+, not entirely sure what it is if you're younger than that.

There are also sometimes research assistant opportunities in different faculties. Most of them are volunteer, but some are paid at a rate of about $30/hr. These aren't very reliable as hours depend purely on the project you're doing and can be cancelled at any time. Best to find them through emailing people who are running projects.

Otherwise, there's some other opportunities like the photographer for graduations is looking for extra people this year, and while it's not in any way affiliated with the uni, the jobs runs at uni on Fridays. Pays minimum wage ($18 for someone 21+ years)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)