jobs without experience (1 Viewer)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Also, this year is great for Xmas pay.

Because Christmas day falls on a weekend, the following weekday becomes a holiday.
And Extra bonus! Because Boxing Day also falls on the weekend, there has to be another workday holiday for it, so both Monday and Tuesday are double time for me, and Boxing day at BiLo is Triple Time and a Half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)...that last one is a rumour around work, but I have yet to ask a manager.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
biggles04 said:
Also, this year is great for Xmas pay.

Because Christmas day falls on a weekend, the following weekday becomes a holiday.
And Extra bonus! Because Boxing Day also falls on the weekend, there has to be another workday holiday for it, so both Monday and Tuesday are double time for me, and Boxing day at BiLo is Double Time and a Half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)...that last one is a rumour around work, but I have yet to ask a manager.
you cleared that up for me, we normally get 2 days off for christmas and boxing, but because they are both on weekends we get 2 more days off? i couldn't understand why mon and tue were holidays

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
i haven't even received a call yet 4 an interview and its been like 2 weeks! Its driving me up the wall just waiting for sum1 2 call me! i so want a job but in the same situation as many skool leavers with no work experience whatsoever

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I know that the newsagency supanews doesnt require experience and they have an online application form at www.supanews.com.au. Their stores now are limited to bankstown and penrith at the moment but they are opening new stores around sydney soon and it might be easier to get a job if you apply as soon as the store opens

stuchie

Well im even more stuffed then u ppl.... i jst finished 2nd yr uni and i STILL have no experience. So yeh i guess im reduced to jobs like maccas and hungry jacks (i dont mind tho ill b grateful for ANYthing i can get)...
i already applied to 2 stores that had vaccancies but i heard nothing from em... so now i dunno maybe even fast food places dont want me...
i also got an interview this weekend for a juice bar... so HOPEfully that will go well ...
but serz i feel im never gonna get a job.... i jst dont have the personality to work in retail (u kno outgoing and all that crap), and really there's nothing else thats like casual/part time ... well hardly anything.. but if ne1 has ne no retail suggestions that require no experience it'd b appreciated

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
You poor city people. At least there is one thing the country has that the city doesn't - farms. And that means more jobs going than people to fill them, so all the backpackers come here to work for a week or 2, earn $$$ then go off to the city again. Most of the picking is done by machines, so lots of the jobs are in sorting or packing fruit or making sure the wine bottles are labelled. its all easy stuff any backwards person could figure out. At the moment i'm at a factory sorting cherries. The job perks = $14.96/hour or $16.96 on saturdays, being in an air conditioned shed at a constant 23 degrees (for the cherries not workers, but we benefit too, its so nice), having a break at least every 3 hours, having heaps of time to think, being able to work in sexy tracky dacks. Bad bits = standing up all day, 8am start. I reckon its so much better than when i was working in a shop.
A guy i know is working in a winery, coz its harvest now, and because they operate 24/7, they need ppl for all hours. He's been working the 10pm-6am shift and gets OVER $30 AN HOUR!!!! Totally unskilled, no experience. How sweet is that?!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
beccabum said:
You poor city people. At least there is one thing the country has that the city doesn't - farms. And that means more jobs going than people to fill them, so all the backpackers come here to work for a week or 2, earn $$$ then go off to the city again. Most of the picking is done by machines, so lots of the jobs are in sorting or packing fruit or making sure the wine bottles are labelled. its all easy stuff any backwards person could figure out. At the moment i'm at a factory sorting cherries. The job perks = $14.96/hour or $16.96 on saturdays, being in an air conditioned shed at a constant 23 degrees (for the cherries not workers, but we benefit too, its so nice), having a break at least every 3 hours, having heaps of time to think, being able to work in sexy tracky dacks. Bad bits = standing up all day, 8am start. I reckon its so much better than when i was working in a shop.
A guy i know is working in a winery, coz its harvest now, and because they operate 24/7, they need ppl for all hours. He's been working the 10pm-6am shift and gets OVER $30 AN HOUR!!!! Totally unskilled, no experience. How sweet is that?!
Dam, where do I look for such a job?!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)