Jodi Picoult (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
I read My Sister's Keeper a while ago and just finished The Pact this morning.

Has anyone read any of her other books? I'm trying to decide which one to go for next.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Oooh I just finished My Sister's Keeper a few days ago. I read The Tenth Circle last year - it's pretty good.

HSC
I've read:

-My sisters keeper
-The pact
-Plain truth
-Tenth circle
-Mercy
-Keeping faith
-Picture perfect
-Vanishing acts
-Salem falls

And they are in order, the top is obviously the best.

Last edited:

Guernica

HSC
I like that you put Plain Truth 3rd after the two I've read. It seemed good when I read the synopsis. I've always thought Amish communities were interesting.

Looks like I've decided on the next one I'll read! Thanks.

HSC
Your welcome, and its really good...and interesting.

Anyways when you finish, tell us what you thought of it:)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I've read My Sister's Keeper and I just finished The Pact (yesterday in fact :p). I loved them both, but My Sister's Keeper is one of the best books ever :)

yosemite sam

HSC
Plain truth was soooooooooo good... and i learnt heaps about Amish people! But its probly one of the best books ive ever read. probly.

HSC
I've read:

My sister's keeper
Plain truth
The tenth circle (Great Dante quote...lol)
Vanishing acts

Can't wait to get my hands on The Pact :D

w00dy.

HSC
ive read perfect match and my sisters keeper, i loved both, and cant wait to get my hands onto more of her books when i find the time to read them...

princesskt

HSC
I have my sisters keeper and the pact. Ive read my sisters keeper and loveed it so much i convinced my counsellor to read it :p ive started the pact, and so far its great! i got it in the holidays and havnt had a chance to read it.. lol, and i made a mistake by starting to read it coz now i have to finish it :D hehe

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I don't know why but for some reason I see her books as trashy even though I love them. Probably because they're so aimed at women, IDK. I'm dumb sometimes.

I thought the ending of My Sister's Keeper RUINED it, srsly, worst ending ever. SO CONTRIVED and convenient and, ugh. Yeah.
My fav of hers is The Pact. Could have been My Sister's Keeper if not for the ending.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I'm the opposite, I thought the end of My Sister's Keeper was good :p

It was so unexpected, I thought she was either going to win her court case and not give her sister the kidney she'd die, or she'd win the court case and decide to give her sister the kidney anyway.

I finished it at like 3am in the morning and was bawling my eyes out, so bittersweet and tragic! :(

em_516

bludging..
HSC
has anyone read nineteen minutes yet (or going to)? i just saw a review for it today (on myspace of all places) and it sounds like it'll be a really good or at least interesting read! i actually haven't read anything by jodi picoult before, but i have intentions to haha

w00dy.

HSC
em_516 said:
has anyone read nineteen minutes yet (or going to)? i just saw a review for it today (on myspace of all places) and it sounds like it'll be a really good or at least interesting read! i actually haven't read anything by jodi picoult before, but i have intentions to haha
yeah i seen the review for it on myspace too the other day, i havent seen it around book stores so i wonder if its hit australia yet. i hope it has, it seems like an interesting one to read, the different perspectives and such

em_516

bludging..
HSC
well it's listed on the a&r site so i would ASSUME it is..but maybe only online purchases atm? although that seems kind of stupid..i dunno, i didn't really look into whether it was released as far as looking at a&r :p

*miranda*

HSC
i love jodi picoult! i don't think the new one has hit our stores yet - well at least not in dubbo.

okay here's my ranking

1 - salem falls AND keeping faith - i loved them sooo much! keeping faith was the first one i read of hers and its just so awesome!
2 - plain truth
3 - mercy
4 - the pact
5 - my sisters keeper
6 - second glance
7 - perfect match
8 - vanishing acts
9 - perfect match
10 - the tenth circle

i attempted to read songs of the humpback wales but couldn't get into it
i want to read harvesting the heart but can't find it anywhere!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
w00dy. said:
Nineteen Minutes - comes out in April 2007

not sure of exact date but im pretty sure its April
yeh, i saw it in the myer catalogue yesterday haha (catalogue started from the 4th)

HSC
So its out... I saw it at a book store a few days ago. Too bad i was and still am broke :(

And the books at Myer are a rip off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)