john laws and alan jones (1 Viewer)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AGB
also, i think he is on 'enough rope' with andrew denton tonight...
I heard Denton interviewed this afternoon, and he commented about Laws that you don't have to do much to find Laws' hatred of Jones. Enough Rope should be entertaining...

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Anyone else see Enough Rope? Laws made it pretty clear that his comment about more than the truth being outed was meant to have a double meaning, and that it wasn't just aimed at one person.

Anyone have any thoughts on the interview?

Alexander

Gold Member
I have to say it was a bit poor...Laws didnt know how to really orgainise his thoughs and there were lots of awkward silences. He seemed to claim that he got most of his info from 'media-watch'....he does has a face for radio doesn't he?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Alexander
I have to say it was a bit poor...Laws didnt know how to really orgainise his thoughs and there were lots of awkward silences.
I thought that that was partly deliberate - ie. when Denton asked questions that got at what Laws was insinuating, Laws wanted us to know that that was what he meant, but he wasn't going to come out (no pun intended) and say so... So, he left a long pause, followed by a half-hearted "I'm not saying anything" type denial.
He seemed to claim that he got most of his info from 'media-watch'....he does has a face for radio doesn't he?
Yeah, that was BS. Media Watch just gave him the excuse to attack Jones. As for all his claims that he didn't want a confrontation, that was about as believable Howard claiming we invaded Iraq over WMD.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
raise your hand if you listen to am radio.....
/me Raises hand.
Yeah on weekends for the footy.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
I have to say it was a bit poor...Laws didnt know how to really orgainise his thoughs and there were lots of awkward silences. He seemed to claim that he got most of his info from 'media-watch'....he does has a face for radio doesn't he?
well i thought john handled it very well... the long silences arent really john laws' fault, they are andrew denton's... if someone asks a yes or no question, the interviewee is more than entitled to give a yes or no answer... i dont see really see how you can blame john for the 'arkward silences'...

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
u can read the transcript here, must say it was a pretty interesting read, there's no denying that Laws is very cunning.

here are some highlights

ANDREW DENTON:: Because you also talked about a letter you cited from Alan to David Flint talking about their 'allegiance'.

JOHN LAWS:: Three.

ANDREW DENTON:: Three?! How do you think that allegiance manifests itself?

JOHN LAWS:: I have no idea. They're both little men. Both like matching ties and handkerchiefs. They both like Her Majesty the Queen. Yes. (Laughs) "I have no idea" is the short answer.

ANDREW DENTON:: I think you have some idea.

JOHN LAWS:: What are you trying to suggest here, Andrew?

ANDREW DENTON:: I'm not trying to suggest anything. I'm asking what YOU'RE trying to suggest...
ANDREW DENTON:: One of the interesting things you said last week is by the time this is over, more than the truth will be outed.

JOHN LAWS:: Yes.

ANDREW DENTON:: What or who were you referring to when you said that?

JOHN LAWS:: People.

ANDREW DENTON:: Which people?

JOHN LAWS:: The... Well, do you want me to name them?

ANDREW DENTON:: Mmm.

JOHN LAWS:: Well, I suppose ultimately it'll be revealed that there is a reason that a couple wanted to stay in the closet. I heard a wonderful story about Professor Flint at Bathurst. Did you read that? A nice man wrote it in the newspaper.

ANDREW DENTON:: Please explain, as they say.

JOHN LAWS:: At Bathurst there apparently was a hearing for a...a licence renewal. And the professor, when he comes into his rooms in Sydney, they do the... (Knocks on table) ..and he comes in like the judge and everybody has to stand. But in this rather small motel in Bathurst, there wasn't another room to come in. (Laughs) But there was a closet. And he got... This is all in the paper. It must be right. He got in the closet and they went... (Knocks on table) ..and he came out of the closet.
(AUDIENCE LAUGHS)

JOHN LAWS:: I wonder, is he ever going to do that again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)