Jouneys or IMAGINATIVE JOURNEYS (1 Viewer)

Beats

HSC
I think i am totally lost. In the AOS paper will the essay/creative response question focus on imaginative journeys or just journeys? If its the latter then i'm screwed - i've only ever analysed the stimulus booklet etc in relation to our focus on imaginative journeys. If this is a stupid question - sorry, but i thought with the trials soon i'd better get it cleared up -
Also, is "run lola run"a good movie for supp material? - i started with "big fish'', but it got really complicated because of all the different journeys taken by each character.
Thankyou for your time

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
To answer ur question Beats,

I think that the AOS paper 1 creative writing section will most probably just focus on the general idea of journeys (Physical/Inner/Imaginative). Because there are so many students doing the different types of journeys, the creative writing section should be made flexible allowing students to be able to respond.

I haven't seen "Run Lola Run" so im ot really sure whether its a good supp material, but "Big Fish" sounds like a really good supp mterial.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my perception is that it would be titled journeys and in the question it would inquire you to write the specific journey that you have have studied in relation to the AOS~
im not sure, ive only got this sample paper question and it says relate to the core text as well as texts from the stimulus booklet. so dont quote me. but isnt it good to also related to the other two joruneys seeing that a journey can incorporate the others. if you are really scared because you didnt relate anything to the other two, there are notes on the BOS homepage that would help. OR you can purchase the analysis by top notes.

i havent seen run lola run so i cant comment on that.
sorry.

GOOD LUCK in your trials :)
-darky

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
the creative writing is all journeys
the comprehension is all journeys
the essay [or other text type] thing is on your specific journey which needs to be related to your set text, 2 related texts and 1 stimulus book text
you should probably watch run lola run then decide whether its a good material or not :)

frazzle

HSC
I'm doing Big Fish... =\ is it bad? If it gets too confusing, why don't you just focus on one character? For me I'm focussing on Will and Edward...

As for Run Lola Run, yes it's a really good movie, as you know there are 3 parts to it, very trippy, so relates to imaginative journey well. One thing though, my teacher doesn't like us using anything that's not in English, I was going to do an Akira Kurosawa film before that.

Beats

HSC
That's a good idea (about focusing on specific characters)....Argh! I hate finding/analysing my own material!

frazzle

HSC
Beats said:
That's a good idea (about focusing on specific characters)....Argh! I hate finding/analysing my own material!
oh i love finding them, just not when it gets too close to trials, and i still haven't ecided... anyway.

so which texts did you end up doing?

[my eng exam is tomorrow =O]

eth

HSC
cro_angel said:
the creative writing is all journeys
the comprehension is all journeys
the essay [or other text type] thing is on your specific journey which needs to be related to your set text, 2 related texts and 1 stimulus book text
you should probably watch run lola run then decide whether its a good material or not :)
actually, they can ask for at least 1 related text rather than two, and they can ask for at least two from the stimulus booklet.

Try to have three related texts prepped, so you can use twn, and 2-3 from the stimulus booklet as well.

If you are doing Coleridge, you need to do at least two poems, at least one of which needs to be in-depth

Beats

HSC
frazzle said:
oh i love finding them, just not when it gets too close to trials, and i still haven't ecided... anyway.

so which texts did you end up doing?

[my eng exam is tomorrow =O]
Well, in a weird twist of fate - i am now doing big fish again- but my analysis sucks, guess i'll have to stick with it tho.

django_

HSC
bah i saw big fish coupler months ago n thought hmmmm thatd be such a good related text to use...but now ive pretty much forgotten wat happens n the characters names n everything...lol...good one!! but yeh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)