Journal love? (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah I DO know that this has been brought up before, but I don't care. I hate writing in my Major Work Journal! I hate having to document everything. I know it's to check for plagiarism and everything, but it's so damn frustrating. It's like the ONE part of Ext 2 that I hate.

What do you think about Journals?

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
I know what you mean...I did this all last year. I avoided writing in my journal by typing all my drafts on my computer then sticking them in. It also depends on what you are doing. My friend did a script and stuck in heaps of images that could be used as settings...costumes...etc. I did a web site and included examples of heaps of web sites, as well as any photocopies or printouts of data that I had collected.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah my journal and i dont have a very close relationship...

any interaction between us is quick, meaningless and unsatisfying.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I am not-too-happily married to my journal :gridnod:

but I'm sure it's normal.

afterall, we're newly weds...:shy:

chip

HSC
no i dont love my journel but i'm becoming very attached to my major work........

malayz_angel

My journal and I have a love-hate relationship, sometimes I can really spice it up and sometimes I make it feel really empty inside. :D Lol this is sad, I know......

Jinglebell

HSC
i have a kind of on-again/off-again relationship with my journal.

for example, we 'broke up' for most of last term, but had a loving reunion in the holidays only to have gone our separate ways once again:)

but i have my viva next week so i have to at least make it look like i'm organised before then. argh.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol we are all such English freaks, talking in metaphors and images lol.

Well, I love my journal so much that I let it take a vacation in the Bahamas while I had assessment tasks for other subjects. When he returned it was reluctant to spend any time with me. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might have cheated on me, or done something bad in the Bahamas, but considering the way that my major work, to whom I'm currently engaged, is so damn possessive of me, it makes my diary more and more attractive every time my major work makes a move on me. However, my Chem textbook is a jealous creature and insists on baffling me so that Major Work and I can't develop our relationship further.

LOL.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hmm... do any of you have two diaries... like one for the info you collect for research, and one for reflection...
cos that's what my Ext 2 teacher suggested to me, but it seems like a bit of a pain...

someone i know did that for extension history, but to do it for english would be a MASSIVE task... at the beginning my teacher had me sticking in research, and then on the opposite page writing 'reflective notes' - but that didn't last long!!

now i just make scribbles all over everything, and write too much about the smallest things... (my journal and i are having a break right now --the relationship just got way too intense)

chip

HSC
my journel got fat so i dumped it and now it wont come back when i need it for my our once a week date........

now i cant even pretend its my plus one:(

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
My journal and I were great buddies until the recent holidays where I decided a break was in order. I was fine, but the journal.. well, it couldn't handle it. Went over the edge and got some forged entries from somewhere. :rolleyes: We still aren't really on speaking terms, I hope it gets better soon, I just realised how much I need the journal right now :p

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Me and my journal aren't really talking at the moment.

We had a long fight over characterisation and we haven't talked since. Unfortunately, it has ruined my relationship with my major work so I'm in the process of trying to patch up the problems we are all having.

Jinglebell

HSC
well, seeing as i have my viva (take 2) on tuesday, i'm planning a date with my journal for tonight...better fatten it up a bit before the ritual slaughter:p

Morgs

My journal contains "Stop procrastinating" in large letters often throughout... decorated by nice borders in order to avoid actually writing anything.......
Hate 4 unit, hate the major work, and hate the journal, only 2 months to go.......

chip

HSC
hey morgs how much of your major work have you got done

chip

HSC
cause when they flip thru they will see your name and we are only suppose to be numbers........ like they might see that your a boy and make assumptions or sumthing

rhapsody_75

i have 4 journals. i dont write anything in them. just collect stuff that has "informed" or whatever the jargon is.
i love my major work, but hate trying to fit poetry into the requirements of the course.
its alright now since ive found a structure that excites me. but its taken until 2 weeks ago.

Morgs

Hey =)
Yep, we gotta remove names... I'm pretty sure u can use first names and stuff, cos they wouldn't really know who ur talking about, but i know last names have to be removed. And Chip, i've hardly done anything... due in 2 months! it's crazy! I'm doing a critical response, and i've only done research, haven't sctually started writing it yet! i keep putting it off thinkin it's not important... how much u done?

chip

HSC
thats ok morgs the girls that are doing critical response at my skool wont start until all their research is done.......

i'm writing a script so not as much research really........i finished my first draft last week which was a huge relief

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)