Journalism Cadetship????? (1 Viewer)

slowjam10

HSC
Hey, has anyone else been nominated by their school to do a Journalism cadetship/internship for two-days at News Limited in Surrey Hills because my school nominated me and it sounds really cool.

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
What I said before is that News LTD is hardly regarded as a proper media outlet.

slowjam10

HSC
You're saying they are crap cause they print the daily teror (telegraph .. i think thats what they still call it) Well you know even if it is crap it'll be like one day in the Front Line newsroom you know the people out to get a story at all costs ...remember the episode the seige well anyway its an experience and my opinion why not take it and to know what is good takes knowing about what is bad so got anything else to add?

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
slowjam10 said:
You're saying they are crap cause they print the daily teror (telegraph .. i think thats what they still call it) Well you know even if it is crap it'll be like one day in the Front Line newsroom you know the people out to get a story at all costs ...remember the episode the seige well anyway its an experience and my opinion why not take it and to know what is good takes knowing about what is bad so got anything else to add?
Yeah, well go ahead. I just dislike the Daily Telegraph very much.

Fuck, I'm a right winger. =( oshit.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I only insist on reading the Daily Telegraph. I also enjoy A Current Affair and Today Tonight, although the departure of Naomi saddend me very much.

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
I only insist on reading the Daily Telegraph. I also enjoy A Current Affair and Today Tonight, although the departure of Naomi saddend me very much.
Hahaha, that's the perfect victim of media antics. =D

Seriously, I'm considering whether or not I'm right or left wing.

Dave2007

HSC
Shows like the chaser and frontline bagging on a current affair is really a lot like kicking a cripple. No ones even making a pretence tabloid news press, radio or shows are good or have any journalistic integrity, but they still sucking in millions. I blame the people for being stupid.

Anyway good on you getting a cadetship it shows alot of drive.

However I hope you do become aware what it truly means to work in mainstream australian journalism. Check in your morals at the door, and realise you have to do anything and everything to get a story and get ahead of your colleagues. If that means waking up at 3 a.m. to glue on the fake lips that give mike munroe his permanently smug smile to capture a beat-up story about a bogan suffering from the builders from hell you have to do it! Or you can disappear like the she-devil naomi...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
If you do a cadetship, you'll basically learn in a few weeks everything that you would learn in a 3 year media communications degree.

Definately do it.

booties4

HSC
I did work EXP at channel 9 in willougby......they taught me everyhting i needed to know about how to produce a story for the news in 1 night. They also taught me how to operate things in the control room....this was so fun becasue i was technically controlling what people where seeing on TV and, when i did the autocue i was controlling what the newsreader read.

All in all do the cadetship it seems like a really good oppurtunity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)