Journey 2005 English Themed Course (1 Viewer)

elegantly_patty

Concrete boots...
HSC
hey all...
ex - yr11's doing advanced...

newly yr 12s i mean...

Physical and Imaginative Journey

anyhow have you started your texts yet ? which ones have you been given...

*sigh* We're pulling Samuel (thanx for that im confused with another poet) Coleridge to pieces then moving onto King Lear and Frontline and Brave New World v Blade Runner...

for other related material how are everyone going? I have this portfolio due in Week9 i think... havent been able to find a written text, although californication by Red Hot Chilli Peppers seems to work for Visual and Sound me thinks... and for film i was thinking about The Ninth Gate (film) how bout you guys?
some recommendations..
The Da Vinci Code...
The Cell
K-Pax??????

any others you guys can think of?

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Thomas Coleridge??? do u mean Samuel Taylor Coleridge? btw good related texts can b found in all aos threads, u can do nething from Keats ranging to Bierce

Good Luck

matty_boi17

HSC
N/A
I did Coleridge... and analysing it is the worst. The Rime of The Ancient Mariner is INCREDIBLY boring. I NEVER referred to it in the half yearly's, trials or the HSC. It's ridicuously long. The trick to Coleridge is doing the work early, understanding the techniques, the effect that they have in the text, and on the notion of journey. If you get a solid understanding that now, youll be fine when exams happen. :)

maalek

HSC
Physical Jouneys

Hey all,

i was wondering if anyone knew any good print media texts relating to physical journeys. Need to do an assessment on it. Ish. It would be really appreciated.

thanks

blitzacer

HSC
I'm doing the tempest for imaginative journeys. I have the speech due in week 10... i find it pretty interesting... layer upon layer of nonsense... especially prospero's last epilogue.

Agent_Soda

HSC
im doing a speech in 2 weeks aswell... we have to relate 3 poems (rime of the ancient mariner, lime tree bower my prison and kubla khan) to a tv show and a film. My film i have decided to do is Donnie Darko and relating it to rime of the ancient mariner... but i have no idea so ideas would be great :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
quick question yall, wots this doing in the module a forum?

cimbom

HSC
'frost at midnight' is the worst poem ever written. i absolutely HATE it :uhhuh: .
we're doing king lear as well, but bnw/br first.

HSC
elegantly_patty said:
*sigh* We're pulling Samuel (thanx for that im confused with another poet) Coleridge to pieces then moving onto King Lear and Frontline and Brave New World v Blade Runner...
We're doing exactly the same, but we're doing BNW and Bladerunner before Lear as well...reminds me a i really should read and watch those...nah, later.

As for other related material....er...yeah...about that....can i write you a note? Got a big assignment due 1st day back where we have to analyse 4 other materials of different media...and yeah...so far i've got nada. But don't pressure me: i'm an artist, I need time... :p

roadcone

HSC
we're doing skrzynecki, king lear, emma and clueless and frontline. as for area of study, we did physical (obviously considering i did skrzynecki but..) with other related texts in our exams in the last week of our term 4, part of our english assessment was specifically to do with ort's and what and how they show physical journey to the responder.. i did:
* Homeward Bound - Simon and Garfunkel [song]
* Migrants Arriving in Sydney - David Moore [this is a photograph and its pretty famous, widely used during the centenary of federation celebrations in 2001 and links really well especially if u are doing skrzynecki- just search it and u will find it]
* On First Looking Into Chapman's Homer - John Keats [poem]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)