journey and its different forms (1 Viewer)

mohammad.hussei

HSC
hi iam currently doing an important essignment and need to do an essay which contains:
"Journey come in many different forms and can lead to many different consequences ...,how have the text you have studies this year demontrated the truth of this statement.In your answer refer to TWO peoms by Skrzynecki and rabbit proof fence "
so please if u can guide me through that and help me for the best and thx.

BaSTaRD

HSC
Guessing**

Journeys taken to escape,
journeys taken to rescue...
journeys taken to proof sanity etc.

Forced to make a journey?

Seza16

HSC
Sryznecki poems depends on which one you will choose.

Rabbit Proof Fence. Wel that poem if you could call it a poem links to journeys because its a physical journey, the little girl went on a journey of you could say finding her true identity she knew who she was and wanted to go back to thta she wasn't changing. Some people say taking that first step is hard but if you never take it the journey would never begin. I say walk on your path begin your own trail don't follow in someone elses footsteps the journey may never end but at least you know where it began. :D

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I choose Crossing the Red Sea and Immigrant Hostel.

Ideas: The migration is purely a physical journey. However, to some extent it's involved the commission to emotional journey and also the historical journey. In CtRS, this physical aspect is shown right in the title 'Crossing', a verb, that evokes a sense of change and moreover a journey that requires actions. (sorry for this awkward expression). Besides, its historical facets are reflected through its allusion to the Jews' iconic migration and the Polish's refuge that remarks a turn in their own history next to the signpost of disastrous War World II which is also the catalyst for this migration. In regard to their emotional journeys, we can't omit the healing brought about by the sea personified to spread its marvellous breath bandaging any wounds and anguishes.

Destination:

physical: to a 'Promised land' with a new life

emotional: get relieved from the traumatized incarnation

historical: a new page in their own history as now they become Aus-Pol.

To complete the idea of a journey, we need to mention its unpredictability ramification as well as its uncertainty. Here, in Immigrant Hostel, the migrants are trapped like birds (you should get some quotes as instances for simile) who know only one thing: they are powerless. Who tells them about the next change? Noone. Who gives them a cue for a positive change proceeding? No one...well, maybe because there never will be any positive change at that very time, it seemed.

Basically, a journey's destination can be an abrupt halt, a predicament it is but journeys are at times unhandlable.

I don't do Rabit Roof Fence but 'Whose life is it anyway?' by Brian Clark.

Cheers.

Last edited:

sarahxlr8

HSC
hey ive done an essay on exactly those texts for my half yearlys plus a few others but i used crossing the red sea and Immigrants at central station.
hope ive helped.
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)