Journey Journal (1 Viewer)

xsavagex

HSC
i need ideas of what to write in my journal on jouney!!

please give me any ideas

thanks

Sofstar

HSC
Your current understanding of what the journey you're studying is.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Just remember the English Syllabus clearly tells students to explore & understand the meaning of "Journeys" on their own.

Originality will give you good marks.

Hm...how come you need to create a journal? Is that an assessment task or as a pre-planned extended response for your Section 3, Paper 1 English (Advanced/Standard)?

I find that making up events i.e. in journals (if that's allowed by your teacher) scores you much better marks than saying something that's found in every band 3-4 response like: "Well I went to School today, and god it was boring...I saw a bird fly by...reminding me of the freedom an animal has...etc"

=) A good hint is for you to read up on the English Syllabus for AOS. Though avoid Journal Entries as much as possible unless your teacher explicitly tells you to write one.

xsavagex

HSC
im in standard btw.

its an assessment and we have to write 10 entries, 2 pages each. but not like a personal journey, so nothing like today i went here and did this and saw this. or anything like that...

thanks ill look up the syllabus.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
things like ..

-what you've learnt
-different texts you've explored - how they communicate journeys: what do they say about journeys? how do they present their ideas? how does the context of the text affect the way in which it's written? what have you learnt from the text?
-difficulties you've come across

etc etc

j.nguyen89

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Just remember the English Syllabus clearly tells students to explore & understand the meaning of "Journeys" on their own.

Originality will give you good marks.

Hm...how come you need to create a journal? Is that an assessment task or as a pre-planned extended response for your Section 3, Paper 1 English (Advanced/Standard)?

I find that making up events i.e. in journals (if that's allowed by your teacher) scores you much better marks than saying something that's found in every band 3-4 response like: "Well I went to School today, and god it was boring...I saw a bird fly by...reminding me of the freedom an animal has...etc"

=) A good hint is for you to read up on the English Syllabus for AOS. Though avoid Journal Entries as much as possible unless your teacher explicitly tells you to write one.
I'm having trouble with finding which supplementary text i should use for physical journeys.. do you reccommend "Beauty and the Beast" and "The chronicles of Narnia"?
Would that be suitable for physical journeys??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)