Journey Quotes (1 Viewer)

jes

Im doing an essay on inner journeys and i thougth i should use a quote for the opening sentence. Does anyone have good quotes for inner journeys.. Mayb relating to Text 7..
:rolleyes:

P

pLuvia

Do you think it's a wise idea to start off with a quote? If the quote is not in relation to the topic then it will be unrelated. And also you should state the source you got it from i.e. Shirly Geok-lin Lim

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Heya, i'm also doing text 7, a good point to make about this text is that the physical journey needs to include an inner journey. Just find the quote that relates to this in the text.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bobby2004 said:
I strongly suggest for you not to quote. Try and paraphrase. Quoting generally loses marks! :rolleyes:
Quoting and paraphrasing are perfectly accepted in an essay, as long as you know when to use it correctly.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Nothing wrong with quote a large number of students do both quoting and paraphrasing as long as you don't miss quote or use it incorrectly.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Nothing wrong with quote a large number of students do both quoting and paraphrasing as long as you don't miss quote or use it incorrectly.
Exactly what I said. :karate:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just wanted to reinforce the idea that quoting and paraphrasing is an except practice.;)

sassygirl

HSC
OMG, i have the same prob.
only thing is, mine is a speech, and i have to have a quote.
i found the perfect one for my topic, but the thing is.... i cant find the exact wording or who said it. :confused:
any one wanna help me as well as jes1???
the quote is "a person can last 40 days without food, a week without water but 0 seconds without hope" give or take a few words.
sorry jes1, i cant help u with any other quotes as i dont know the exact topic. post it and ill c wat i can do.
:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)