Journeys - assessment task? (1 Viewer)

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Is it just my school, or do most/all schools have to do a 'journey portfolio'??
We have to get 8 different texts on journeys and then analyze them, talk about their techniques etc etc. and then put them altogether into a portfolio??
coz mines due week 3 this coming term.
and im getting worried coz im finding it extremely hard to find suitable texts for the topic 'physical journeys'
Do you have an assessment similar to this?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I never had any assessments similar to that, our only assessment for journeys last year was a speech... not sure about other schools though.

Search around in the resource section and the forums on here, there are heaps of ideas for journeys texts :)

edit: a good one if you're looking for something different on physical journeys is this website www.abc.net.au/longjourney , my teacher gave it to me, I didn't really like it at first but its the one I ended up using because there's heaps you can write about for techniques etc and it links easily to skrzynecki's poetry (if that's what you were doing)

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
.....that would be just your school.

in other words, my school isn't doing that. :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah I know that at TAFE year 12 did that.

omgmisskylah00

HSC
i have something like that due in week one term one except we have to analyse three texts and write an essay about the concept of physical journeys in realation to the texts...

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
edit: a good one if you're looking for something different on physical journeys is this website www.abc.net.au/longjourney , my teacher gave it to me, I didn't really like it at first but its the one I ended up using because there's heaps you can write about for techniques etc and it links easily to skrzynecki's poetry (if that's what you were doing)
Thanks for that sprinkles, how well did you go for that one?
im trying to think of what sort of techniques i can write about with that website, do you have any examples just to get me started?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The Journey Portfolio is more or less something that your school has organised to assist you in preparing for your English Paper 1 - Area of Study.

The main reason why they're asking you to analyze different texts is because they wish to expose you to the different genres and formats (i.e. Writing in a role, reading and writing feature articles, essays, newspaper articles, etc). You'll never know what your HSC AOS paper will ask you in the extended response section.

If they're really harsh, they can ask you to write a feature article on this and that...limiting you to the format you memorised (cough) or are familar with.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
trace7988 said:
Thanks for that sprinkles, how well did you go for that one?
im trying to think of what sort of techniques i can write about with that website, do you have any examples just to get me started?
I did well with it because it was really easy to link, sorry about the slow reply!

If you pm me your email address I could email you my notes if you like :)

zenithar

HSC
in year 11 i had to do area of study journey
i had to get 4 related texts conveying imaginative journey
damn it pissed me off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)