journeys (1 Viewer)

ta1g

Hey, can anyone link me to an example of a typical band 6 journeys story... physical, inner, or imaginative ?...because i want to compare it with my own. Also how long should it be. At the moment mines about 2/3 pages.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I also recommend the resources section, there are tonnes of essays on journey, check it out now!

Last edited:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yeah - but the problem with the resources section is that some of the stuff people put up in there either has no mark or contains wrong information. at least in the threads posted in the forums you're more likely to find other people pointing out the problems in a piece of work. but i'm not trying to suggest that all of the resources are in any way useless - just some of them :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I went to Resources at BoS homepage, then English advanced, then AoS, then went down to general, there's a few there. Quite a few of them are in first person.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The resources are mainly at Bored of Studies as well as the actual Board of studies.

Though as for the length of your essay, it really varies from person to person, as well as the size your handwriting, each word, etc. Because keep in mind, lol the booklets you use to write your essays in the HSC are mega huge, those booklets are usually 8 pages. I went through about 1 and a half booklets for each module in the recent hsc.

I wouldn't really recommend focusing on your length of the essay since you've still got a whole year, rather I would recommend you to piece together all the information you need for the essay, structure it, then do your S.E.X.Y. paragraphs, its surprising how easy Essays are by the time you actually get the hang of essays...so yeah xD You can't control your length of your essay until you gather everything, then summarise which and what you want in your exam, this is especially good for testing in Trial HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)