JPMorgan Investment Banking Competition, Asia Pacific (1 Viewer)

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
JPMorgan Investment Banking Competition, Asia Pacific

Welcome to The Deal.

The Deal is an Asia Pacific competition which is based on a merger and acquisition case study. Entry is open to students at selected universities in Australia and China, who expect to graduate in 2007 or 2008. The Deal is fast, complex and thoroughly absorbing and the rewards for success are very high. Total prize money is USD20,000; USD2,000 for the University Champions, USD4,000 for the Country Champions and USD8,000 for the Asia Pacific Champions. The Australian Championships will take place in Melbourne while the Asia Pacific Championships and award ceremony will be in Sydney.

Key dates for The Deal
Now! Form a team of 2 – 4 and select the team captain now so that you are ready to start competing. Team members must be from the same participating university and meet the eligibility criteria detailed below.

Register early from 24 July Register your team and get the competition case study. The earlier you register, the earlier you will be able to access the materials and the more time you will have to work on your submission. Registration closes on Friday 11 August 2006.
21 August Written case study submission deadline.
The top 10 teams from each university will be selected based on the eligibility criteria and case study written submission.
Week commencing 11 September – University Finals held
5 October Australian Final held in Melbourne
9 October International Final held in Sydney

Participating universities
Australia: University of New South Wales, University of Sydney, University of Melbourne
China: Peking University, Tsinghua University, Fudan University

Eligibility criteria
The competition is open to students from any faculty who meet the following criteria:
• attending one of the participating universities
• planning to complete their undergraduate program in 2007 or 2008
• can include single or double degree undergraduates
• can include students who are planning to study an honours year
• can include students who are studying a masters program, which immediately followed their undergraduate studies

The competition is not open to any faculty/ teaching staff (other than undergraduate tutors who meet the above criteria).

Going live on 24th July!
www.thejpmorgandeal.com

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
I have a question, I'm considering entering in this competition, but I'm in first year and haven't done a finance subject yet. I don't mind doing a large amount of wide reading for this competition as it would be a good experience, but would this be enough to (at the very least) submit a quality case study submission? Or should I wait until next year? Also, if any of you have done it before, could you tell me what the submission involves, how much work, required knowledge to complete it etc.

phrred

HSC
Has anyone joined the JP Morgan share trading thing?
I joined but they havent sent me an email to activate my account. will i get it later or should i sign up again

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
SSaint said:
I have a question, I'm considering entering in this competition, but I'm in first year and haven't done a finance subject yet. I don't mind doing a large amount of wide reading for this competition as it would be a good experience, but would this be enough to (at the very least) submit a quality case study submission? Or should I wait until next year? Also, if any of you have done it before, could you tell me what the submission involves, how much work, required knowledge to complete it etc.
Yeah, I do think it might be a little bit too complicated for first years given the amount of assumed knowledge that is neccesary. For a team to be competitive, there needs to be at least one person in the team with a solid understanding of corporate finance, and in first year, that's not possible.

Eeko77

HSC
mr_shittles said:
Yeah, I do think it might be a little bit too complicated for first years given the amount of assumed knowledge that is neccesary. For a team to be competitive, there needs to be at least one person in the team with a solid understanding of corporate finance, and in first year, that's not possible.
If you've done fins1613, then you have a chance, you can learn the rest as you go.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Eeko77 said:
If you've done fins1613, then you have a chance, you can learn the rest as you go.
Yeah, if you done business finance at UNSW, then you'd be aware of the discounted cashflow approach, so you might find some value in applying it in a practical context.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Err yeah i've joined that trading places game, how have people broken 400k already?
+When I look in their current holdings they have more red loss than green profit so they must have bought and sold something that raised at least 5x in value in 24hours??

And how do I 'borrow'?
i.e Person with "Total Borrowing $8,296.793"

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
velox said:
yay first day of trading, on 20th place. Stupid thing is that you have live prices but all orders are executed 20mins later.
Mate, I think you're talking about the wrong competition here. The JPMorgan Investment Banking Comp has no trading. You do a case study.

I think you're talking about another competition.

gresszilla

HSC
N/A
did everyone get that email for their presentation ceremony?
i ended up about 6k in the negative :> so i'm assuming it wasnt based on performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)